Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hear one or see one of these new mufflers? Just curious how the "valve" would hold up to abuse? Also curious to the noise it makes on our 4.0 v6.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Contemplated this. But my setup requires more than just a single short muffler. I'd love to see someone run the VT

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In definately sounds interesting. I do not like the drone. There are benefits to having a new truck and being quiet is one of them. I had a 90 454ss that the exhause was tucked under the bed, it was pretty loud. I wonder how well the VT works. $100 isnt too bad for a muffler, and pretty reasonable if it actually works like they say. I'd hate to break that valve and then end up with a loud drone and a rattle.

·
Registered
475 Posts
yea i saw an article on that muffler in petersens 4wheeler i think. had a cutaway pic and everything. cool concept. id like to see it in action as well.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I killed drone by using two mufflers with their cases welded together to create a 31" beast. It's a 40 series + a 50 series delta flow. It has 8 chambers and quite a few baffles. There is zero resonance in cab @ cruising speed and it is barely noticeable upon acceleration. But when you put the pedal down, this thing Howls and goes tearing *** in the direction pointed.

Now if they could make the VT in various case lengths and inlet/outlet lengths I'd be more inclined to test. Until then I'll wait for a used one to come along!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My Magnaflow is almost the same size as stock and has little to no drone.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Shiner that thing is mufferlicious! :goodjob:

This is what I did.... two Magnaflows. Great deep sound, no drone.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Right on Darin! Its almost mandatory when you're running 2 highflow cats w/ larger tubing. At least my ears aren't popping once I'm at Altitude (cruising speed) in the truck.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I always thought that one long magnaflow, roughly the length of the oem muffler would be best to keep away the drone. I would like to know what the part number of SDHarleydad's muffler is. I would rock one of those, not polished and with my custom Ypipe. At the time of my exhaust mod there wasnt much available so I put two together. It works great and should last a long time so I wont be changing it.:)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm pretty glad someone pointed this out, I think i'm starting to get a rattle with my Banks at aroudn 2000-2500 RPM and i'm thinkin its coming from the muffler

This seems like an awesome muffler design, not only because it'll reduce drone, but the valve should in theory add some back pressure for lower RPMs, giving me some of the low end that I lost with the wider pipes, but anyone feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken!

I'm thinking if theres a way I can exchange this onto my exhaust system (the banks is straight and the dynomax is angled) then i'll try adding it on later this summer

·
Registered
220 Posts
anyone try it yet? Lots of positive feedback on other boards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts