Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also what the heck is this thing??? Picture # 3 and what is its purpose.....

Attachments

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
3 is the controller for the intake intake butterflys you hear them open around 3k

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
19 hp and 20 trq were total gains from CAMS, Now According to the shop I went to they said my auto trans shaved off at least 15-20hp from what a manual tranny would have produced. Never knew auto tranny's made that much difference. Ill start data logging in a few days cause my cable never came in yet. Apparently Uprev had a pretty big backorder on them. He sent it 2 days ago should be here tomorrow. NOTE: All dyno numbers were based on 91 octane and 3rd gear pulls.

3 is the controller for the intake intake butterflys you hear them open around 3k
I rele cant tell whats what anymore lol Its pretty loud when Im on it. Also I had them shut off my electronic throttlebody so Its WOT from the get Go.......

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
on your TQ curve you see where their is a little dip at the top but then it flattens out for a whole, thats the butterfly's opening

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im wondering if I can program it to where that valve stays open all the time? If not is there a way you know of........

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I looked into it a while ago using a NX sender and there is no real point to as when it kicks in its was great power where I drove my truck. it might help in track use but for the time investment not much gain if any. your best gains now will be to lose the K&N and go a closed box intake

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I was thinking about that, but Ill probably get a new filter and enclose the heat shield that K&N gave me and also increasing the size of my exhaust from my 2.25 to 2.50 or2.75 cause I feel there is to much back pressure.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
if your running a single pipe then 2.5 duals 2.25

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its Jba headers to stock cats, than stock piping to gutted cats, than 2 (2.25in) into y pipe into 3in magnaflow out into 2 (2.5in) outlets

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
hmm not sure about that set up i would run 2.25 off highflow cats to an X pipe to a 2.25 in and out muffler and out.

also is there a good drive shaft shop around you. look into getting a 1 piece driveshaft, might be able to cut some weight out there. also lower gears will help

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got my whole rear fixed and Im not 100% sure but Im almost positive they gave me the manual 3:73 rear instead of the auto 3:36 gears...... I dunno about any good shops around here but ill look into a road trip. Im gonna do testing with out the tailgate to see what/and how much of a difference is. And if im feeling really stupid ill take off the hood lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dyno Sheet please :)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I think your dual 2.25" into to 3" is just fine. The only week point I see is your stock cat tubing. It looked like it narrows down to about 1.75" to me, and is the main reason I changed my cats. You remember I have all dual 2.25" tubing on my truck and I dont think it's hurting me at all. According to calculators I checked, that size should be easily safe to handle 300whp on a motor with our displacement.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So than High flow cats or I just gut them and do the other things than get re-tuned

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Well, I honestly think its the primary cats surrounding tubing and angles that do the most harm. But hi-flow cats are an extra bonus. I have everything going as straight as possible and using all 2.25" tubing and all mandrel bends.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya man your set up is pretty sweet, I read the whole build from start to finish.
When you goin to the track! lol

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Very soon, maybe tomorrow is the weather holds out. I've has alot of rain lately closing the tracks around me. Also, remember every dyno reads different. I would say your shop is pretty conservative. With the times you are running, I wouldn't worry much about your HP numbers being so-so. Your truck is putting great power AND very important, your getting it to the pavement great too. Again your times and little wheel spin is the real proof.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts