Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
i have the dyno results for my frontier.

the results are very simular to reverend bikers, it is 2-3 hp stronger from about 4000
rpm plus and ends up about 5.5 hp stronger at the max with about 5 ft/lbs more torque.
for the cost of the TBS and fan i was hoping for more power.

241.05 RWHP @ 5650 rpm

237.94 max torque @ 4150 rpm

i had an air fuel graph done our trucks run VERY rich. the dyno tech said if a tuner ever comes available he figures 10-15 hp more is attainable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
RDNF,

Those results look awesome for the Frontier.

241.05 RWHP @ 5650 rpm is pretty dam good.

Whats that like 302 @ the crank.?

Sweet.

Like you mentioned weight reduction project coming up for next track day.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
RDNF,

When you were track racing the 1/4 mile, were you taking off in D3 and shifting to D on your automatic?

What was your trick to getting off the line without burning the tires too badly?

Good job on the results!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was manually shifting from first up thru the gears except for the run in 4x4
for that i used drive. as for traction...that was tricky to learn. i found by not flooring it
right after releasing the brakes i could launch fairly well. if i floored it it just spun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
I am assuming those results are for the TBS, Exhaust, Intake, and Efan , right???

If so, that is awesome.
congrats.
I want to do that Efan mod. I am sort of chicken.
What problems did your mechanic run into??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kansasfrontier said:
I am assuming those results are for the TBS, Exhaust, Intake, and Efan , right???

If so, that is awesome.
congrats.
I want to do that Efan mod. I am sort of chicken.
What problems did your mechanic run into??

if you are looking for power the efan isn't worth it. i think the biggest increase
i got after the CAI and exhaust came from the TBS. if you are looking for throttle
response and milage increase then go for the fan.when you roll it on you can sure feel
it and my hwy milage is up 1-2 mpg with the Efan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Did you do just the one run or did you test with each mod? Either way, 241 is pretty good. What do they dyno stock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
05FRONTY said:
RDNF,

Those results look awesome for the Frontier.

241.05 RWHP @ 5650 rpm is pretty dam good.

Whats that like 302 @ the crank.?

Sweet.

Like you mentioned weight reduction project coming up for next track day.. :D
Ditto! I think using the 20% drive-train loss is reasonable maybe even a little more considering 4x4 & Auto.
Soooooooo,
Congrats on the 1st 300+ hp crank I've seen documented. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Awesome Dyno run, 300HP is awesome for very little money spent in MODS, I see many MODS in my trucks future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
nice numbers... what did you run in the 1/4 by the way??
you should not be manually shifting in an automatic, no matter what some old timer drag racer says, todays electronic controlled transmissions are not meant to be driven that way, and actually shift at all the right points as long as you have the pedal on the floor.
my S-10 would go all the way to redline before shifting on its own in OD when i floored it and i imagine the frontier shouldnt be any different. and i DID try manually shifting a couple times in the S-10 and it didnt make any difference in my times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SnarfFrontier_06 said:
nice numbers... what did you run in the 1/4 by the way??
you should not be manually shifting in an automatic, no matter what some old timer drag racer says, todays electronic controlled transmissions are not meant to be driven that way, and actually shift at all the right points as long as you have the pedal on the floor.
my S-10 would go all the way to redline before shifting on its own in OD when i floored it and i imagine the frontier shouldnt be any different. and i DID try manually shifting a couple times in the S-10 and it didnt make any difference in my times.
my auto tranny shifts well before the redline even at W.O.T. and runs faster
when manually shifted. if i could get a programmer i would extend the WOT shift
points a good 300 rpm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
RDNF said:
SnarfFrontier_06 said:
nice numbers... what did you run in the 1/4 by the way??
you should not be manually shifting in an automatic, no matter what some old timer drag racer says, todays electronic controlled transmissions are not meant to be driven that way, and actually shift at all the right points as long as you have the pedal on the floor.
my S-10 would go all the way to redline before shifting on its own in OD when i floored it and i imagine the frontier shouldnt be any different. and i DID try manually shifting a couple times in the S-10 and it didnt make any difference in my times.
my auto tranny shifts well before the redline even at W.O.T. and runs faster
when manually shifted. if i could get a programmer i would extend the WOT shift
points a good 300 rpm.
Mine shifts at about 5800/5900 weather I shift it manually or just leaving it in drive, floored of course. Hey RDNF , does the TBS make that big of a difference? I was thinking of getting one when I got a CAI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Hey RDNF can you post your breakdown of the dyno numbers? For example how much you baselined at, then after you did the air-box mod, intake, and TBS. I was under the impression that is how you were going to do it. Thanks in advance!

Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
4DrFrontizzle06 said:
Hey RDNF can you post your breakdown of the dyno numbers? For example how much you baselined at, then after you did the air-box mod, intake, and TBS. I was under the impression that is how you were going to do it. Thanks in advance!

Will
i had hoped to do several dyno runs,with the truck set up differently each run
but sadly could not afford the dyno time to accomplish it.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top