Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Hankook Dynapro ATM or HT? Is it really worth the upgrade?

• Yes, Dynapro ATM all the way.

• No, Dynapro HT is fine for a stock SV 4x4 in snow or other adverse conditions.

• Doesn't matter. (If so, why?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Arctic Blue SV 4x4 Value Package 5 A/T V6 D40
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is that much of an advantage of the ATM over the HT? Should I stick with the Dynapro HTs? Does the ATM make MPGs significantly worse? Anything objectively comparing the two is appreciated! :)

I live in the southeastern US so snow is occasional to rare. I am south of I-40 and east of I-35 so those of you in this part of the country I especially value your feedback. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2021 has the HT’s and I like them fine. When I was test driving I found the trucks with the ATM’s a little noisier and a little rougher riding. The ride probably had more to do with the 18” vs 16” wheels but definitely prefer my truck with the HT’s. If your not doing anything off road I don’t see any advantage to the trail style tire. I typically swap out my tires for more aggressive tread but this New truck is so smooth and quite I’m going to stick with the HT’s.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If you actually go off-roading at all... get the ATM's!!!!! If you know you will be driving in some snow more than a few days a year... get the ATM's

Reactions: weatherman

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I ran the ATMs for something like 38k miles here in the PNW. I never had any issues with our mountain passes in the winter, the rain or off-road. They're a decent tire.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
204 Posts
I hated the HT’s on my ‘18 so much in wet conditions that I replaced em on my ‘21 at 232 miles. I think it was day 3 of owning the truck.

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
190 Posts
I hated the HT’s on my ‘18 so much in wet conditions that I replaced em on my ‘21 at 232 miles. I think it was day 3 of owning the truck.
Ha! When I got underneath my new Frontier and saw that my spare was a Dynapro HT.....it was somewhat of a let down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts