Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used dynamat or product like in their trucks?
I have some that was given to me and wanted to know if it is worth it to pull the seats and carpet to install?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
There is a lengthy thread on here where a member used a similar like product on their truck with great success. The only issue is that you have to make sure and you get all panels including both the inside and outside of the door panels and the roof or you will still get the vibration. A search may find the thread if you are really interested in this mod.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
yes, I has 1-3 layers completely inside my Suburban. Its not only cooler in the summer, but very quiet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did it to one of my cars a few years back spent some money and did it right but what a difference it made!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
if you are concerned with getting the most out of what you have:

use it in the doors to help with road noise and improve the sound of your speakers. also, a properly done door will sound like closing the door of a mercedes instead of a screen door

use it on the roof to bring summer temps down

use it on the firewall to reduce engine noise inside the cabin

use it on the floor to reduce road and exhaust noise

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone it looks like i'll be doing this in the next few weeks. I'll start with the doors and go from there.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Dumb question, but does a utility knife and/or scissors cut Dynamat? I bought one sheet only to dampen road vibration I'm hearing (and can feel) in the area of the door panel that covers the window motor. Probably won't do much good, but I thought I'd try it.

Holy cow that stuff is EXPENSIVE. I paid $10/Sheet at a local car stereo shop and that's a pretty reasonable price from what I've seen.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bulk packs on eBay are the most cost effective. I did both the outside skin and interior of my door and it made a huge difference on road noise. When you do the inside of the door take some tin or aluminum and cover any holes in the door. Blocking the sound path is even better than sound deadener.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dumb question, but does a utility knife and/or scissors cut Dynamat? I bought one sheet only to dampen road vibration I'm hearing (and can feel) in the area of the door panel that covers the window motor. Probably won't do much good, but I thought I'd try it.

Holy cow that stuff is EXPENSIVE. I paid $10/Sheet at a local car stereo shop and that's a pretty reasonable price from what I've seen.
I use eDead from-----> eDead Sound Deadening
I used to use dynamat up until 5 or 6 years ago and started to try some subsitutes and this stuff is the best for the dollar. similar thickness to standard dyanmat and $1.00 per sq ft.

And yeah, it makes a huge difference when done, and even MORE of a difference when done correctly. good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.