Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember if this has been covered before, and I don't remember seeing it........

I have a 17 S crew cab and while was running some wires for a backup camera, I found that I have a dampened glove box, but it wasn't connected. I connected the cable and now I have a dampened glove box. Maybe all Frontiers have it?

Step 1- remove the 4 screws holding the glove box assembly to the dash (2 at the bottom, 2 at the top when the glove box is open)

Step 2- pull the assemble away from the dash, it's held in with clips. The right side doesn't come all the way out

Step 3- if you see this http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=273074&stc=1&d=1522189929

Step 4- Do this http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=273082&stc=1&d=1522189997

Screw it all back together and done!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really weird that it wasn't connected... you bought it new?

I bought it with 5K miles, so practically new........Do they all come that way and i'm just late to the party? LOL

GotToGo- What is a dampened glovebox?

That's when you open the glove box, it will open slowly, and not just flop open if you let it go

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
This is a DIY? LOL

I was expecting some Dynamat stuck to the outside of the rear box or something

Sorry dude, it was supposed to be connected in the first place.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And I thought I had stumbled on something big, only to find out the jokes on me!

it is kind of a DIY.......Nissan assembled 99.9% of this truck, the rest I had to DIY LOL

Cue the sad trombone..........

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Ha! I dont even know if mines connected or not! I keep my stuff locked up:laugh:

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
Maybe someone disconnected it when they went to check on the cabin air filter and forgot to connect it up again.
ah I bet you're right.

I just checked mine because I don't recall it falling open slowly, it falls about 3/4 open fast like nothing is there, then suddenly slows way down as it catches and kinda bounces down to full open, lol ...

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
And I thought I had stumbled on something big, only to find out the jokes on me!

it is kind of a DIY.......Nissan assembled 99.9% of this truck, the rest I had to DIY LOL

Cue the sad trombone..........
Good, you knew I was just joking with you haha ::grin::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts