Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where this should get posted, so I figured I'd put it in general discussion. Is it just my local area, or do other frontier owners experience dusty dashes within a week or two of cleaning them? I clean my truck regularly, and I have dash protection (aerospace 303 or something). It's supposed to repel dust and UV protect plastic components while leaving a non-oily and non-glossy shine.

So if it just my area, or do you experience this as well? How do you clean your frontiers and prevent such things from happening?

·
Registered
266 Posts
im not a big stickler for keeping the inside of my truck clean, compared to the outside. I wouldnt say my frontier is any worse or better than any other car ive owned. Changed your cabin air filter recently?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not a big stickler for keeping the inside of my truck clean, compared to the outside. I wouldnt say my frontier is any worse or better than any other car ive owned. Changed your cabin air filter recently?
Yep. Changed that months ago and keep up on that, but even with the changes it's still dusty. It's almost like the dash plastic is a magnet for dust. The texture of it jut grabs dust and dirty and fuzz.

·
Registered
592 Posts
...So if it just my area, or do you experience this as well? How do you clean your frontiers and prevent such things from happening?
Mine gets dusty too, but no more than the other vehicles in our household; I see it first on the glass of the audio system and the instrument panel. My solution is to keep a microfiber rag handy to wipe it down regularly - whenever I notice it and it bugs me. My truck is washed most every weekend and the inside cleaned too so it all stays more or less clean all the time. I recognize this frequency may seem excessive but I enjoy doing it.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
The is a small mop-like brush called the "California Duster"... I don't know what it is treated with, but it lifts the dust quickly and easily. I just give the dash a quick sweep and it looks great again. I use computer screen cleaner and a micro-fiber cloth to clean the touch screen.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I hit mine with a damp chamois after I wash the exterior.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just keep these handy, and give it a quick wipe as needed. They clean it up great and don't leave any gloss or residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just keep these handy, and give it a quick wipe as needed. They clean it up great and don't leave any gloss or residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use those as well, but They have two different ones, I use the other bottle

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got a cheap, washable dust rag I bought at O'Riellys. Use that and last time bought some Armour All wipes that have worked fairly well.

Been really dusty here, hasn't rained in forever.

·
Registered
878 Posts
GoClean multi-surface cleaner and a microfiber towel. I have the OEM all weather mats that I just power wash occasionally. The GoClean waterless wash is pretty sweet when the exterior isn't too filthy.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Leaf Blower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts