Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my front brakes where bombed out completely. Not sure what was on, but the pads had no squeal tab and they where paper thin. Not quite to metal yet, but close. The rotors were warped bad. It even cause a slight shimmy or shake on the highway around 60-70mph or so I suspected. Well, I was right. Those rotors where warped so bad that it felt like the tires needed to be balanced.

In comes AutoZone's Duralast Gold pads and rotors to the rescue. Picked up the whole set for under $100 with a 20% ship to home coupon and a $20 reward. Cheapest front brake job of my life! I love this truck! I did a full bleed of all four corners after it was all replaced just to milk out a good amount of the old brake fluid. My wife helps me bleed and always snickers when I say, "Down, Up, Down, Up..." Anyways... Operational check was successful and the highway shake is gone completely. Brakes are smooth as butter now! Feels like a brand new truck again to say the least. I've used them before on my son's car and they seem to be holding up well after a little over a year.

For the price, you can't beat them. Can't complain at this point at all. I'll report back along the way.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Congrats, glad to hear they're working well for you. Do you offroad it? I'm trying to decide if I want to go low-buck or premium (slotted & EBC). On 1 hand slots "clean" the pads (so they say) on the other its an ingress vector for mud & grit into the pad surface (I see a fair amount of mud & water crossings)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw, haven't done any offroading yet. Likely won't see much of that in this rig, maybe some heavy snow if we get some. Real happy with them after a couple hundred miles though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts