Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
depends on what kind of offroading you see....i actually liked them for the period of time i had them...they handle very well on road...as far as offroad they are good in dirt and sand....i wouldnt mud in them...they have nice sidebits if you brave alil rock crawling...idk how they are in snow but ive heard they are decent in snow....other than that, the tire is tough as nails and has a very reassuring sidewall if you like to drive fast and manuever alot on the street or dirt...i had them in the 33"'s which came in 10 plies( pretty heavy tire so it will tow like any other "E" load range tire....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks again bro, i really want to do the titan swap deal after that wat size tires n wheels could i upgrade too?? i wanna get the XD revolvers and probably either the dune grapplers or the bfg mud terrains

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got 285/75R16s (a little less than 33" I believe) on my Titan Swap, and I don't have the CST Spindles. The only time they rub is if I'm turning hard and hit a dip/bump, and even then, its just a tiny rub on the rear of the front fender well...

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Big difference in drive characteristics between the bfg mud and dune grapplers. You will also get considerable road noise from the muds in comparison so take that into consideration too.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Big difference in drive characteristics between the bfg mud and dune grapplers. You will also get considerable road noise from the muds in comparison so take that into consideration too.
very true but...you will have to sacrafice one for the other...if you play in mud and like technical courses...mudders are the way to go....nittos are good all terrain but if you play in everything then it doesnt become a choice for mudders, it becomes a need...

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
very true but...you will have to sacrafice one for the other...if you play in mud and like technical courses...mudders are the way to go....nittos are good all terrain but if you play in everything then it doesnt become a choice for mudders, it becomes a need...
very true... thats why I have mudders in a dry climate

·
Registered
154 Posts
what is the mudder that comes on the rubicons that doesn't make any road noise?

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
The new goodyear wrangler, I think its called the MT/R.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hear great things about them, they don't make highway noise and they are excellent in the mud but they puncture easily

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Indeedy it is... I love the noise, it sounds like DH tires on my bike
its always a good hummin' tune.............and the mt/r's have a 2 ply sidewall like all other regular tires do.....atleast the old ones....

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Whats special about the new MT/Rs is not only that they have the smoother thread section for less noise and better turning but they have Kevlar too, as a composite belting I believe, that is supposed to make them much stronger than their predecessor.

Side by side of the two wranglers... w/ kevlar on left:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do you know if they sell them in a 10 ply?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.