Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know...stupid question. I'm just trying to decide where to hang my speed pass (transponder for the highway). Normally you guy right under the rear view mirror, but the rear view mirror is really low on the Frontier...it would be practically half way down the windshield. Above the mirror are those rubber dots though, which I'm not sure I should cover with the sticky pads from the speed pass.

Where did you guys put yours? Below the rear view?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
..Above the mirror are those rubber dots though, which I'm not sure I should cover with the sticky pads from the speed pass.

Where did you guys put yours? Below the rear view?
^paint the transpnders' backside black use black Velcro; above the mirror. :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Well we call it a TollTag but mine is right under the mirror, I was afraid it wouldn't read up top. Doesn't bother me really.?

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
go to the glass shop. have them remove your mirror and glue another bug up higher.
My gen 2 X rear view mirror is touching the ceiling of the truck.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
we have something kind of like the speedpass on our trucks in iraq. it's called a M240B machine gun, with it everyone else is nice enough to pull over or generally get the hell out of our way when we do missions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i don't hang mine, just put in the nook next to my 4x4 switch, then i set in the coin tray on top when i'm using the turnpike

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I had might on the left side of the mirror almost at the headliner no issues up there and didn't block my view

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool...Thanks everyone

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
If you use the suction cups, they won't stick on the dotted section so you have to either use velcro or drop it down below the mirror. I dropped mine below the mirror and then put my radar detector below it so it does cover up the center of the window a little but that is not where your blind spot is anyway, that is your A pillar so its nothing to be worried about.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My EZ-Pass is right next to the little bumps the the right of the rear veiw mirror. I also have mine in a suction cup mount that I bought from Autozone for like 5 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
11,530 Posts
Mine is behind the right side of the mirror, not on the bumps. Sitting behind the wheel you can't see it.

Clint

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
what is this pass?
an electronic signaling device tied to your credit card

that allows you to pass through tolls at a faster rate of speed while everyone else digs for change in backed-up traffic on the throgs neck bridge (or pretty much every other road here in FL). most states have them these days. the northeast uses EZ-pass, while FL uses its own SunPass / E-Pass system.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
an electronic signaling device tied to your credit card

that allows you to pass through tolls at a faster rate of speed while everyone else digs for change in backed-up traffic on the throgs neck bridge (or pretty much every other road here in FL). most states have them these days. the northeast uses EZ-pass, while FL uses its own SunPass / E-Pass system.
ohh, now i know what that is... we have them here in california also, i'm just not near any of those freeways that use them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ohh, now i know what that is... we have them here in california also, i'm just not near any of those freeways that use them.
The Fast Track/91 Express system here wants the transponder mounted in the lower drivers side corner of the windshield just above the dash.
The odd thing is that it also works in conjunction with the 15 Express pass and they suggest up by the mirror. :crikey: Mine will trip both systems no matter where I put it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts