Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
No, the bd tuner makes no difference to rev hang, as I can remove the tunes and it does not change. Installing the underdrive lightweight crank pulley completely eliminated it. I've installed lightweight flywheels on g35/350's and they have all had significant rev hang reduction.
There is another type of rev hang, common on Honda, that uses the throttle body to improve drivability and emissions, but AFAIK Nissan and most manufactures do not. Simply adding weight to the rotating mass of the crank accomplishes the same task.
That being said; the purpose of a dual mass flywheel is to dampen noise and vibration. Dual mass refers to separating the flywheel into 2 pieces and dampening (usually with springs) the incoming force. It does not refer to adding additional or a secondary weight to the flywheel.
Added weight is generally a side effect of splitting the flywheel, or is intentionally added for rev hang.
It is also possible to get lightweight dual mass flywheels (no one makes for Nissan AFAIK)

Reactions: shift_RUSH

·
Registered
319 Posts
WELLLL going to see if my truck MOVES as after slipping the clutch to sneak up to my backdoor to unload the coal with a LOT of smelly! i think clutch may be done! only 45 thou but preowned bought at 25 thou + the sounds i always got when going unto 4WD + especially loaded are NOT GOOD!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
it moves BARELY + shudders a bit on any grade so i ordered the single mass flywheel + clutch mentioned above after talking to my indy he noted many dual mass flywheel + clutch kits are crap + costly, said he did a Mini a while ago over $800 for the dual mass flywheel alone!!

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
checked out the aussie site $1200 + ship for the narva-frontier makes the jim wolf stuff look better!!
Were you able to locate a local distributor/shop that sells these Aussie parts...and then they confirmed additional shipping costs? That would indeed get costly - fast.
I'm in the dark as to whether they have new/different parts/approaches to offer and if anything they sell is worthwhile. Saw them as a new/different player in this game of clutches/flywheels.

·
Registered
319 Posts
received my jim wolf setup today from 4X4 parts.com, pretty quick service + will be glad to get the fronty back in action! thanks to members noting this setup as my indy had issues with locally sourced clutch kits + told me get the parts + he would install at his always fair price i might add!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
going thru my jim wolf clutch kit + single mass flywheel i see a bag of several "offset-pins" can anyone tell me what they are for. not doing the install but wondering in case my indy dont know.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts