Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do y'all think a true dual exhaust will work with our trucks? Ive got an 04 CC LB n/a. I'm going to be putting the 4x4 parts headers on before...ive heard mixed opinions. The only sounds clip i can has something like borla and it sounds like crap to me. Too much rice. What say you yay or nay?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I put on a Stillen cat-back for $166. The new exhaust along with the cold air intake improved my mileage by about 3 mpg and the sound is great.

I don't think there is a better "bang for your buck" for our engines.

The dual exhaust would be nice, but for me it wouldn't be worth the investment.

While it would be nice to get rid of the Y pipe, I don't really think I would notice much, if any, change in power from my current setup.

That said: Someone has to lead the pack. If you like your truck enough to invest the time and money, go for it.
I would love to hear about the install and results.

It seems there are a handful of serious modifiers on this forum and I really enjoy reading about what they do to their Frontiers....

I hope you do it and tell us all about it.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definatly do want to do this mod... that being said, if I do, then I will be the one doing the work. I've heard some of the Cat back exhausts in real life. I think the nismo one is the most common but its just not quite the sound i want. My only fear in doing the duals is loosing my low end performace...so we'll see. I might do this while im home on leave in october...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
okay, my .02. i have an 03. get some headers, remove the secondary cats and put in high flowies. get a 2.25" y pipe and then after that run a single in dual out muffler. 2.5" back this is what im thinkin about down the road.

:)if nitewulfs around he should post some pics of his setup cough cough

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I wonder if too much back pressure will be lost (loss of power) with our underpowered V6 motors if true duel exhast is installed. If you run 2" or great pipe I think it might actually rob you of performance. Might sound great though.

I'm running 2.25" all the way back from the first cats (2nd cat delete-off road use only) with a custom Y pipe and a single in & out flowmaster 40. it definitely opened it up a bit and its "throaty". i think its a pretty good set up myself.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I wonder if too much back pressure will be lost (loss of power) with our underpowered V6 motors if true duel exhast is installed. If you run 2" or great pipe I think it might actually rob you of performance. Might sound great though.

I'm running 2.25" all the way back from the first cats (2nd cat delete-off road use only) with a custom Y pipe and a single in & out flowmaster 40. it definitely opened it up a bit and its "throaty". i think its a pretty good set up myself.
yeah i have heard true duals would not do the 3.3s any favors, it needs to have some even pressure.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
im running 2 inch duals with secondarys removed (i was the first :D)

im running an x-pipe set up with only a single glasspack but duals on both sides

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a single glasspack but duals on both sides? you have a picture of that? Yea I was thinking of putting a x pipe in and running dual flowmaster 40's in. I have one 40 as of now...i like the sound alot, i want to try and keep the tone but make it a little louder. u have a sound clip of yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts