Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about ordering a pioneer 3200dvd. Only problem is I'm a retard when it comes to wiring. If I get a kit will I have to splice wires and all that crap or is there a converter dongle thing??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thinking about ordering a pioneer 3200dvd. Only problem is I'm a retard when it comes to wiring. If I get a kit will I have to splice wires and all that crap or is there a converter dongle thing??
:noworries:

You can go to your local "Best Buy" or car audio store and order a Factory Wire Harness so all you have to do is connected your New radio wires to this Harness and the plug that Harness into your trucks Harness. Nice and neat with no modifications to your truck.

You can also order online from Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Stereo, Home Theater, Speakers, Plasma TV

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just did crutchfield. Guy sold me on it $415 to my door w/ ipod cable. With the cable you can play iPod video. Said it was pretty noob proof so we shall see.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah I just did crutchfield. Guy sold me on it $415 to my door w/ ipod cable. With the cable you can play iPod video. Said it was pretty noob proof so we shall see.
I believe Crutchfield supplies the Harness for free. So you should be good to go!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it installed and working great. Crutchfield support is quick and informative. Anyways.. I need to trip the parking brake wire for obvious reasons...(passengers can watch dvds while driving) how would I go about doing that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got it installed and working great. Crutchfield support is quick and informative. Anyways.. I need to trip the parking brake wire for obvious reasons...(passengers can watch dvds while driving) how would I go about doing that?
I too just installed a new head unit and had the restriction of not being able to play a DVD without the Handbrake so I googled "{head unit model} brake bypass" and was able to find the code to disable the handbrake restriction (I must say it is dangerous!!! Don't watch movies and drive....)

Did you get the Pioneer?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah i got the 3200 its awesome. fully functional ipod controls.. good screen.. just awesome. even plays ipod video

ill google what you said and see whats up

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I believe Crutchfield supplies the Harness for free. So you should be good to go!!
Yes they do although they did not tell me that when I ordered one with my stereo so don't do this if you buy a stereo from them. I ordered it online and didn't talk to anyone so they probably just missed my error or thought I may have wanted two.

You are still going to have to wire in the harness to your stereo but with this harness you will buy that plugs right into the factory harness it is easy. With Crutchfield everything will be labeled along with a big manual that tells you everything you will ever need to know. I would highly recommend them. People say they are pricey but with the free harness, manuals, and all the help they give you it's well worth it. I have NEVER had better customer service.

OH! When the manual says apply this wire to the ground of your parking brake...don't do it, just ground it with everything else. This is for the DVD player and I don't recommend watching DVD's while driving down the road but you don't want to set the parking brake every time you want to watch something. I use to also to put in a DVD to listen to and then swich to a different screen while driving. They don't want you to do that is why they want you to ground it to the parking brake.

·
Registered
242 Posts
For the 3200dvd...

Is there any kind of Vehicle speed sensing wires (VSS)?

I am awaiting delivery on my 3200dvd, and want to know what kind of trouble I am getting into...

thx

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
no VSS wire in the harness. you will have to find one and tap into it. there are instructions posted i believe in the stickys at the top of the page.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Do I need to tap into it??

Will the unit run w/o the VSS?

·
Registered
242 Posts
mine is run off the parking break being tripped.. i just installed a switch and im good to go
Sounds good. I don't really care about watch dvd's while moving, so I think I will just ground it to the brake...

Thanks for the input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts