Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I just picked up a 2017 Pro 4X with the dual automatic climate control and the 2 temperature displays are fully lit... All the time. Instrumentsl cluster and touchscreen are easily dimmable, but apparently the temp displays are not. Does this bother anyone else? And if so, what did you do about it, if anything? I'm contemplating getting some really light tint to dim them up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
My SV w/ VTP has the dual climate control system...and seemingly operates differently.
When using the tripmeter reset stalk as the instrument light dimmer rheostat: there is full brightness...next click down results in a fairly steep drop in the temp display brightness...then they will gradually get dimmer w/ each subsequent click toward dimmer...then off. Overall, the two temp displays remain the brightest lights comparatively - to my eye.

Perhaps there is an accessible 'gadget' menu for allowing for more control that was not set up when your truck was built or by the selling dealer's service dept? Hopefully this is easily correctable.

Your 'light tint' idea is a good one...and I may look into this. See below...
_____

My complaint is how the central stack lights are reflected off of my KC's rear cab glass into my rear view mirror. It is what it is, so I dim the whole thing down to its lowest setting and live w/ it.
~ Maybe CCs do not have this issue...IDK.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Mine stay full brightness at all times. I've turned the dimmer all the way down, and subsequently, all the way to off... And the temp displays are still bright as hell. Actually, none of the climate control lights change at all, but the buttons aren't very bright anyways so they're no issue. Looks like I'll be doing a tiny tint job. Oh well

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update... There must be a wire/connector loose. They dimmed after hitting a bump on the interstate, and then went back to full brightness after hitting another bump. After a few taps on the dash surrounding the center cluster, I was able to duplicate the issue. Looks like I'll be taking it back to nissan for a quick fix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts