Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a set of KC daylighters a while back, 150W, but only the lights, no wiring kit.

I know these things are strong, so I figure I need some Heavy duty wiring, but I am not sure.

Can I use wiring from a 55w foglight kit, if I only swap in a 30 amp relay (the $70 KC kits use 30 amp)...?

If not, where can I get a wire kit that will do the job, but is more budget friendly than the KC kit?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
you can make your own wiring harness for under $10. get a relay and wire from an electrical shop. there are tons of how-tos on here and on the net showing the connections on the relay.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably should be more clear in my question here... Sorry about that.

I know how to wire the lights, relay, switch, yada yada....

My question is will the thin, maybe 18 or 20 guage wiring provided in most 55w fog light kits hold up to the power being drawn by the 150w KC lights...?

I dont want any electrical fires... lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wonder if oem factory foglights installed after the truck was purchased by a Nissan Dealer are covered by extended warranty ? They are exposed to road rocks ! 2010 Fronty 4x4 †

·
Registered
397 Posts
I probably should be more clear in my question here... Sorry about that.

I know how to wire the lights, relay, switch, yada yada....

My question is will the thin, maybe 18 or 20 guage wiring provided in most 55w fog light kits hold up to the power being drawn by the 150w KC lights...?

I dont want any electrical fires... lol.
I would not use a kit that was designed around 2 55 watt bulbs. I would build your own wiring harness using a 30 amp or better relay with atleast 12 ga wire. With 2 150 watt lights you will be pulling about 25 amps at 12 volts. So 12 ga wiring is as small as I would go, but might even step up to 10 just to be on the safe side.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts