Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my issue. I have a crew cab long be 4x4 manual 2008 frontier. The rear driveshaft has this CV joint on it connecting to the rear diff flange. I am now on my 3rd replacement. I am not sure what is going on with them. My theory is I'm not getting the back plate on tight enough and its coming off and all the grease is coming out and joint destroying itself. If anyone has replaced one I'm looking for some pointers on how to get the plate on tight and also looking for if anyone has converted this to U joint instead?

Link to the replacement part.
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-89193-932-002.aspx

Attached is a pic of what it looks like on the end of the driveshaft

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Maybe an alignment issue? Is there a driveline shop near you? It might be worth it to have the driveshaft alignment checked.
Just my 2 cents worth ........

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I second that. I'd get the driveshaft checked. Also, I'm on Tapatalk so I can't see your Sig if you have one - do you have a lift?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have a lift, angles are good with as a leaf and shackles but maybe I do have a driveshaft issue.

Reactions: Wet Dog

·
Registered
41 Posts
So here is my issue. I have a crew cab long be 4x4 manual 2008 frontier. The rear driveshaft has this CV joint on it connecting to the rear diff flange. I am now on my 3rd replacement. I am not sure what is going on with them. My theory is I'm not getting the back plate on tight enough and its coming off and all the grease is coming out and joint destroying itself. If anyone has replaced one I'm looking for some pointers on how to get the plate on tight and also looking for if anyone has converted this to U joint instead?

Link to the replacement part.
Dorman Products - 932-002

Attached is a pic of what it looks like on the end of the driveshaft
Hi, I have a clicking/popping noise coming from the rear driveshaft cv joint with the same part you posted about. I am interested in trying to replace the joint vs buying a whole new driveshaft. Did this ever work for you? What did you end up doing? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts