Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have begun noticing the driver side power window strains a bit going up. Curious to learn from others whether this is indicative of a failing motor or a lack of lubrication somewhere. So far it does finish going up and down but sounds like it is working much harder and taking more time than it should.

I do not have any electrical circuit testing meters so any suggestions along that line won't help this time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have begun noticing the driver side power window strains a bit going up. Curious to learn from others whether this is indicative of a failing motor or a lack of lubrication somewhere. So far it does finish going up and down but sounds like it is working much harder and taking more time than it should.

I do not have any electrical circuit testing meters so any suggestions along that line won't help this time.
My driver's side window started doing something similar. I didn't have any electrical circuit testing equipment, either.... So I decided to replace the regulator/motor with this: Power Window Motor Regulator Assembly for $41.60 plus shipping and taxes (I have Amazon Prime, so I didn't have shipping; neither did I have taxes). Took me an hour to replace them, following the most excellent YouTube video found here: here
Now my driver side works properly, like it did from the factory.

Hope this information helps.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
My 2004 Frontier driver window started going up slow about 3 years ago, noticeable in colder weather. I sprayed aerosol silicone lube into the window channels using the little red spray tube, no issues since then.

That said: I'm glad my '98 Frontier and my '88 Mazda B2200 trucks have manual crank windows.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
My 2004 Frontier driver window started going up slow about 3 years ago, noticeable in colder weather. I sprayed aerosol silicone lube into the window channels using the little red spray tube, no issues since then.

That said: I'm glad my '98 Frontier and my '88 Mazda B2200 trucks have manual crank windows.
Thanks on that. This window channel is the only location (Top left picture)? Thanks again,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that appears to have done the trick. Don't know how long it will last but I have plenty of the spray remaining.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My driver's side window started doing something similar. I didn't have any electrical circuit testing equipment, either.... So I decided to replace the regulator/motor with this: Power Window Motor Regulator Assembly for $41.60 plus shipping and taxes (I have Amazon Prime, so I didn't have shipping; neither did I have taxes). Took me an hour to replace them, following the most excellent YouTube video found here: here
Now my driver side works properly, like it did from the factory.

Hope this information helps.
Info helps and is saved for future reference. Youtube had a video for my 2004 model which I was glad to find as it appears the process is even easier. Downloaded and saved.

For now the silicone spray mentioned by another in this thread has resolved the issue.

Thanks for contributing a worthy solution.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The driver's side window on my 2014 had gotten very slow, and I read about the silicone spray fix, too. I got some 3M dry silicone spray, and it worked like a charm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts