Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Crew. The front driver's side door is missing most of a flat black plastic seal that makes up part of the rubber/plastic seal. The door panel wants to get stuck on the plastic somewhere. It is difficult to tell exactly where, because the door is closed. I have to force it open and sometimes it pulls the door panel off and I have to pop the rivets back in place. Anyone else ever have this problem? Replacement seals available?

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
There may be replacement weather seals available from the dealer, but don't wait because they are gradually becoming obsolete. I think Nissan stopped making them and is selling off their remaining inventory. I was able to find the door weatherstrip on the door on my 03 KC, but not the one that goes on the body. You can look them up on a site like www.NissanPartsDeal.com. There is nothing available on the aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
could try spraying with silicone several times

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
It doesn't sound like the seal is sticking in a matter that silicone will help; it sounds like it's catching on something by the description. I would also check for play in the door hinges to make sure that the sticking isn't caused by a misalignment issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't sound like the seal is sticking in a matter that silicone will help; it sounds like it's catching on something by the description. I would also check for play in the door hinges to make sure that the sticking isn't caused by a misalignment issue.
You are right. Something about the way that seal is damaged and the construction and design of the door seal is causing a mechanical catch point. it doesn't happen every time, only about once a week in fact. The catch point is strong enough that it causes the door panel to flex and then pop off as I force the door open.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wouldn't I best be able to tell a misaligned door just by checking the gaps like any other type of body panel?

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Wouldn't I best be able to tell a misaligned door just by checking the gaps like any other type of body panel?
Just open the door and lift it up and down to check for play in the door hinges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts