Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro-4X
21 Posts
Shortly after my previous post, I got COVID and had to stay home for a few days while I was sick. I had lined up my seat exactly where I wanted it, and placed the seatbelt in a way that if the seat moved at all, it would’ve caused the seatbelt to move out of the position I left it.

5 days later… the seat didn’t move an inch :LOL:

No phantom seat movement. It’s got to be the getting in/out. I’ve adjusted the way I get in and out of the seat and my problem has disappeared. Rather than sliding out to the side like I used to, I now kind of pivot 90 degrees, then step out. Problem solved.

Never did I think I’d miss my old non-power seat… sometimes simple is just better I guess.

·
Registered
458 Posts
not that we should have to do this,but an on/off switch could be made for the seat that you only activate when you want the seat to move
Looks like this may be in order depending on how one exits the vehicle?? Agree, should not be needed, but a simple toggle switch WOULD alleviate the aggravation associated with this issue. Just a thought, but if someone here does add the toggle switch, don't install it too close to the seat adjustment switches, I don't want to start reading a thread of how their seats "magically" shut off when they got into their vehicles 🤣 😜

·
Registered
346 Posts
So, weird anecdote time, I have had this issue on every single Nissan I've had - a 2007 Frontier Nismo, 2012 Xterra Pro4x, 2015 Juke Nismo RS, and 2022 Frontier Pro4x. All of them have had this issue to some extent.

Here is the weird bit though. The worst offender? My RS. Which has completely manual Recaro racing seats. They barely even adjust, the seat moves forward and back and the backrest can be angled forward or back using a manual twist dial. That's it. But I swear every time I get in it I have to twist the dial forward a half spin or so. Had to do it just last time I drove a few days ago.

I'm actually finding of all of these vehicles my 2022 does this the least! Though I do still have to hit the button and adjust it up sometimes. It is always a noticeable issue to me because I don't like gangsta driving and generally keep my seat back pretty upright except on really long trips I'll let it back a bit.

I always felt it had to do with the mechanism not "holding" strongly enough or something and my weight slowly pushing it back on it - though I'm not huge by any means at 6' and about 180-185lbs depending on the last time I pooped and/or had pizza. The entire pizza damnit.

But all of those other vehicles besides the 2022 are manual seats, so I figured the issue couldn't carry over. Though it seems it kinda did. I also think that the way I get in and out of my truck there is little to no way I could be accidentally hitting the switch and if I was I'd be hearing that little motor whirring.

Another weird one I'm noticing is the cargo lamp switch seems to occasionally put itself in the on position somehow, which seems impossible? Is my truck haunted by spooky ghosts?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Another weird one I'm noticing is the cargo lamp switch seems to occasionally put itself in the on position somehow, which seems impossible? Is my truck haunted by spooky ghosts?
Maybe your knee hits the cargo switch?? 😄 You got me. I don't have my Frontier yet, and am reading all these little gremlins popping up on the truck?? :unsure:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2022 Frontier Pro 4X. I continually find that the back of the driver seat has reclined back. So I must toggle it back forward upon starting out. I am not seeing anything in the owner’s manual regarding driver seat settings. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on?
I'm having the same issue with my crew cab SV. I thought perhaps it was related to how I shut down the truck so I started setting the parking brake and locking the door That seems to fix the issue most times. I don't always lock my truck when it is in the garage and have noticed sometimes the seat reclines. Not sure if the issue is related to locking or by what method I lock the truck. Key fob, lock switch inside the truck, or lock using the door handle black button. Also I've noticed the seat upright but after unlocking from passenger side door handle (to retrieve an itemin the front console) and relocking from same door handle when I return the seat has reclined.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok....so I am not insane. I just bought a 2022 on Tuesday (06/03) and have noticed that the seat is reclined to some degree every time I enter the vehicle. It is very obvious in the morning after it has sat overnight. There seem to be too many occurrences for it to be an accidental leg bump. You would really have to hold your leg on it for the seat to recline as much as it does. I have wondered if it was a courtesy feature like my wife's Rogue that will adjust the seat for easier entry. It is a curious situation that could use Nissan's help.

After reading more comments, I am going to adjust the seat after I am out of the vehicle when I park it for the night. I'll take a before photo and then a photo in the morning if it has moved.

·
Registered
458 Posts
So has anyone mentioned this gremlin to the dealer or Nissan Corporate? Are they aware of this? Is there a TSB for this? It's obvious it is happening to more vehicles than usual??

·
Registered
22 Posts
2022 pro4x only 600 miles and my seat is doing the same thing its only moves about 2 to 3 inches, but this morning it was reclined all the way back. Will have to pay a little my attention to how I exit the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2022 Frontier Pro 4X. I continually find that the back of the driver seat has reclined back. So I must toggle it back forward upon starting out. I am not seeing anything in the owner’s manual regarding driver seat settings. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on?
[/QUOTEy
I bought my pro-x in December, that reclining seat was driving me nuts. My leg would keep hitting the toggle switch. What I ended up doing was pulling the knob off the switch and mount it upside down. Now my leg misses the switch and I can leave my drivers seat plugged in underneath. Problem solved.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jumping in to say I am experiencing the same thing with my 2022 Pro4X.

This along with the door lock issue is definitely getting me bummed out on this purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine reclines to some sort of default position every time I park the truck for an extended period of time. Is there not some sort of setting you can adjust to make it stop? I haven't gotten frustrated enough yet with it to check. Just flick it forward a couple of times and it's back to my preferred setting but yeah, my truck does it too. I suspect there'll be an eventual recall on the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I was going crazy. Noticed over time that my seat would be reclined to a position that I would never drive in. This morning, got into my truck and it was fully reclined back. There is no way this would happen from getting in/out.

2022 frontier pro-4x 10,500 miles

i’m going to attempt to get it on video with a timelapse on my gopro this weekend. But it may take some time to capture it because it does seem sporadic.

·
Registered
167 Posts
For those with knees hitting the dash or the center bits (I've seen people here cut those bits off)... How are you all sitting!?!?!?! My knees don't touch anything and I make sure of that. An accident will destroy your knees if there isn't enough space. Almost reminds me of people who let their passengers put their feet up on the dash. I've seen the aftermath of that... There is no walking again. Ever.

As for the seat thing, I semi-pivot out. Makes me really miss the handle bar :/

·
Registered
2022 SV Gun Metalic 4×4 Crew Cab Short Bed
85 Posts
Jumping back in on this thread after some time. The first 2-3 months I was convinced seat was reclining on its on. After more research I thought yeah, I'm probably hitting switch getting in/out. I made very conscious effort to avoid switch in/out of truck. Convinced myself 90% it was me hitting adjustment switch. Finally succumbed and disconnected power to seat. 3-4 months later reconnected switch. Still very attentive when getting in/out. Lately I'll get in for morning commute and the seat back is anywhere from I'd say 1.5 to 6" reclined. Ive reclined iy 4-5 " and know how long it takes, I couldn't be accidentally pressing lever that long.So, ??.
As far as film footage for evidence, I don't really feel the need to get it just upon request for doubters. But am getting dang tired of readjusting seat most times. So far disconnecting power is only solution for me.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier 4x4 SV Crew Cab, Short Bed, FJB Edition
41 Posts
It's been awhile since I've been to this thread, but wanted to check-in to see if anyone got Nissan to acknowledge the problem, and to see if they came up with a fix.

Personally, I don't care if it is caused by the way I 'get in or out' of my Frontier, it is a problem. I've heard that it happens more with 'heavy-set' (I fall in this category) people than lighter people. In addition to finding my seatback leaning back 3/4 of the times I get into my Frontier, I've noticed that the seatback sometimes slowly tilts back while I'm driving, especially on long trips. My first Frontier was a 2000 extended cab with a manual seat that you could adjust the seat forward/back, and the seatback tilted forward/back. Once it was set, you were good. I'd prefer that instead of having to adjust the seatback each time I get into my truck, or while driving.

I traded my 2000 Frontier for a 2015 GMC Canyon and drove that until I purchased my Frontier in February, and those seats were 'set it, forget it' unless my wife drove my truck.

Everyone having this problem needs to contact their dealer and complain about the problem, I have but all I got was "we'll research it" but maybe if they get hundreds or thousands of complaints, they'll do something. If placing an 'on/off' switch is the solution, Nissan should install one so we can have 'set it, forget it' drivers seats.

Reactions: GreyFox
81 - 100 of 118 Posts