Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Frontier Pro 4X. I continually find that the back of the driver seat has reclined back. So I must toggle it back forward upon starting out. I am not seeing anything in the owner’s manual regarding driver seat settings. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am having the same issue on my 2022 SV. Dealer says my model does not come with the auto set feature. Manual has no information. I know if I take it to the dealer, they will tell me it didn't occur while there. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Set up a GoPro to find your ghost in the cab! Would make good evidence for warranty claim too.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I posted about this issue a couple weeks ago. I joined a Facebook group for 2022 Frontier's and they also have tons of complaints for this issue. It's definitely not an accidental press of the seat buttons when entering or exiting the truck. I purposely set mine with the seat back at almost 90 degrees after exiting and the next day I opened the door and it was reclined. Mine luckily only slightly reclines and it doesn't happen every day. I've gotten used to it though and don't find it a big deal anymore. But one person on the Facebook group finds it fully reclined every day!
Definitely an issue that Nissan needs to address!

·
Registered
2017 KC SV I4 4x2 5-speed M/T
61 Posts
Interesting. My '08 Expedition automatically moves driver seat back when key is pulled from ignition. Then when you put the key back in ignition, it goes back to the preset seat location.

Maybe presets / memory driver seats were on the drawing board, but didn't make it to production....but "wired" for the future, just not fully implemented this year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found this forum and reporting the same issue. Bought a 2022 Frontier and only had it for a few weeks now, and it did this right off the lot. Luckily it's only a couple of inches that it moves. Annoying, but will have to deal with it for now.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
215 Posts
I thought I was just dreaming this crap was happening. I am glad to see I am not the only one that is experiencing this. For me it's not daily, but certainly often enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2022 Frontier Pro 4X. I continually find that the back of the driver seat has reclined back. So I must toggle it back forward upon starting out. I am not seeing anything in the owner’s manual regarding driver seat settings. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on?
yes, I am having same problem, and discovered it occurs when you get in….somehow my arse and leg are hitting the recline back button.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I was really, really bored this morning and intrigued by this issue...so I Googled 'nissan seat reclines by itself' and saw many similar complaints with other Nissan models...like Armadas, Titans, Pathfinders, etc. Some as far back as 10 years ago. There were also similar complaints for other makes.

I looked at a few threads and saw no definite smoking gun causes. But a popular hypothesis was that if the driver was overweight they could unknowingly hit the buttons as they slid out of the seat...due to the proximity of the buttons to the edge of the seat. Another popular thought was that taller vehicles caused the driver to have to slide off the seat and down to get out...causing them to mistakenly hit the buttons. I read of only a couple of people who claimed to had actually seen the seat move without physically being in the vehicle.

The one thing that I saw that all the complaints had in common were that they were all mostly taller vehicles.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I believe it's happening when people's leg hiyts it while exiting the vehicle. Possibly more of an issue for heavier people but still a potential issue for anyone, especially short folks that tend to turn sideways and slide to exit the vehicle.

I don't need it, but I designed a 3D printed cover to protect the buttons and so far the first few people to install them seem satisfied with that as a fix.

Anyone is welcome to the design if they make a small donation to a charity of their choice. I don't care what charity but anyone that can send some proof of a donation can have a copy of the STL to print on their own.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts