Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys can you tell me if this is the original drive Shaft for the Pro 4X

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
That is the stock driveshaft. Do you have an issue or just curious.
IMO this is a very nice DS to come stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was just curious, the previous owner told me it was an upgraded DS and because of this the gas tank had been modified to only take 16 gallons. I knew the gas tank was the normal 20gal.

The problem is the car will stop filling because of the EVAP issues, codes are showing and parts are on the way. I've learned a great deal in these past couple of days reading this forum.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
21.1 gallons is the fuel tank capacity, fwiw.

Reactions: fernando629

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
The most I have ever put in the tank is 18.5 gallon. Why would one mod the gas tank to only hold 16g and how. Are you a smuggler. OK I'll stop asking questions now...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He didn't know what he was talking about. I put 19 as soon as I bought it. Painfully because of the evap issue, but it took 19

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Have read multiple times around here not to top our tanks off (very much). I'll add up to ~1/2 gallon just to round up my purchase price.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
^Yep. they say do not top off for a reason. Basically what happens is the extra fuel you are putting in from topping off is being forced into the EVAP system. Its bad for the vent valve but the really bad part is that it soaks the charcoal contained in the canister with fuel. The charcoal has a limited life on how much VAPOR (not fuel) it can absorb before it no longer works as intended. Once the charcoal is completely saturated your out nearly $400 for a new canister. They are designed to last the life of the car (150k or so) but if you regularly top off you can cut their life by over half.

The moral of the story: STOP TOPPING OFF YOUR TANK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts