Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a 2008 frontier , 2wd, 6 cyl, crew cab.
My drive shaft blew up and I need to replace.
Mechanic says I have a 6 bolt pattern on flange and can only find 4 bolt pattern used. New 6 bolt at dealer is $1100.
When I look up my truck parts online, it shows I should have the 4 bolt flange. What's up with that?

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Hello
I have a 2008 frontier , 2wd, 6 cyl, crew cab.
My drive shaft blew up and I need to replace.
Mechanic says I have a 6 bolt pattern on flange and can only find 4 bolt pattern used. New 6 bolt at dealer is $1100.
When I look up my truck parts online, it shows I should have the 4 bolt flange. What's up with that?

Any suggestions?
$1100 is mental, you could have a custom one built for half that... I haven't seen a 6 bolt pattern before though, but I've only ever had M226 rear ends. I thought the M226 was 4 bolts and the C200 was 3... could be mistaken. Weird that yours is 6. Have you looked yourself?

·
Registered
313 Posts
My 2007 has a 4 bolt flange. Not sure why yours would be different. Might be worth looking on Nissan's parts website or swinging by a dealership parts department.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Look under your truck and see for yourself. And what do you mean by "blew up". I suspect that you have a CV style rear joint. These are 6 bolt flanges, and I do not think they are repairable.

If you have a standard Ujoint type, it would be 4 bolt. You can simply have the joint replaced.

There is also the chance that your center bearing is what "blew up". This can also be replaced.

If it is a CV joint, I would go to a driveline shop and have them build you something. Don't get a used driveshaft. Those joints do not last and you should get new.

·
Super Moderator
11,721 Posts
Yes, that's what the 226 rear has on it, first time I went under and looked it was odd to only see one U-joint under there.

Clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts