Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my DPX-301 here are some pix’s.
I also installed the following:
Front: 6x9 9613i
Rear: 6-1/2 6012i
Silk Dome Tweeters 1011t
Need amp….

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great Pix...thanks....I'm going to buy the DPX-501...how is the sound quality? Do you feel it drives the speakers well without an amp?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VQ_Powered_05 said:
Great Pix...thanks....I'm going to buy the DPX-501...how is the sound quality? Do you feel it drives the speakers well without an amp?
The sound is superior even without the amp & only pulling 22w RMS. nice clear bass from the 6x9 too. :lol:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Did you have any trouble getting the speakers installed? Did you use factory wiring or run new wires? Those are the speakers I am looking to install in my '06 XE. How do the speakers sound to you?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the 501... Perfect fit and It sounds great, I especially like the USB port. I put Kenwood Excelon 6.5's all the way around and a small Sub Solutions box between the jump seats in the rear. All is driven by a Kenwood 5 channel under the front passenger seat.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got the DPX-301 with MB Quart 6.5 components w/ tweeters up front and Polk 6.5s in the back, plus a Bazooka 200w self powered tube sub (6.5). I've got the sub turned down b/c it overpowers the HU and speakers. I've got a Kenwood 800w 4-channel coming in Friday to help solve that problem!

·
Registered
54 Posts
mmendezm3power said:
Just installed my DPX-301 here are some pix’s.
I also installed the following:
Front: 6x9 9613i
Rear: 6-1/2 6012i
Silk Dome Tweeters 1011t
Need amp….
Hate to bring up an old topic but I need help. I recently installed a DPX-501. The trim plate that came with the kenwood unit doesn't allow the dash panel to lock in place. I noticed you have something different around the head unit. Can you tell me what you used?
I hate the way my radio looks without it. Your suggestions are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Use the large oversized GM dash plate and cut it down w/ a dremel or some other type of tool. Cut it just enough as you can see in the pic that the dash will clear it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
bwarren228 said:
Use the large oversized GM dash plate and cut it down w/ a dremel or some other type of tool. Cut it just enough as you can see in the pic that the dash will clear it.
Will the kenwood trim plate work if you remove the excess with the dremel?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Yea thats what I meant... the headunit should have come w/ two possible trim panels. One of them was intended for GM vehicles i believe. It sits flush when it snaps in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts