Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know of some great off-roading in that area. it dont matter if you got the 2x4. mine hung in there with the 4x4s. I'll get some pic's posted when i go next time.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
only 338 miles from me. i may be willing to make a weekend trip if the trails are good and there are campgrounds.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont think it will be worth the trip and i dont know about campgrounds. the resion
i say that is because i haven't had much time to see how far the trails go. i'll take some pic and and see if its worth the trip.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i'd like to go out to california city one day. maybe that will be a better place. but is it just desert running trails? are there any mountain trails that have high center sections?

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cali city has mountian trails, that is some places youl need 4x4. lots of good hill climbs,
and fast level drit roads. you'll have fun where ever you go. there is also some great trails going to a goust town. if you go, get some good video...

·
Registered
28 Posts
jojo I'm in Tempe, I just got around to reading this forum...whoops. But anyways, if you ever need an off roading partner just let me know!! I saw your California City pics and as I was looking at them I kept thinking that CAN'T be Arizona seeing as how it hasn't rained here since October and you were playing in mud. That place looks like a blast though!

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bigD, the more the marrier. I work in chandler and I'm always in tempe. so I'm always around town. If you know any good places around here we can go check them out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you ever been to Sycamore Creek? Its up by Saguro Lake. Its a lot of fun it has hills, washes, trails, a little bit of everything of course with the exception of some water at least until it rains again! Its one of my favorite places to go. There are places all around that area as well. Next time you're planning on going out let me know and we can go wherever!!.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Scottsdale, AZ

I just picked up a '05 4x4 King cab and live in scottsdale. I am available anytime to get the truck dirty. I haven't done much off roading in AZ but am down for anything that isn't gonna break something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
jojo and jalmquist75
I'm going out with a few buddies of mine this weekend, if either one of you want to come with just let me know and I'll get you some more details!

·
Registered
28 Posts
sweet I can't remember exactly where we are going but I'll find out the place and time and let you know!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have you guys ever gone up to Four Peaks (not the brewhouse in Tempe?) It's a great, rough, dirt road with a lot of elevation changes and great views. Camping/Hiking at the top. I'm attaching a .kmz file for you Google Earth users showing where the trail-head is.

<EDIT> Whoops, the file was blocked, and I posted a request to include the file type on the Suggestion page. In the meantime, the trailhead is at Lat 33.6786 Lon -111.5027 Off the 87, 4.75 Miles East of the N Bush Highway junction, on the right-hand side.

Fun drive!

Random

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love four peaks, I go there all the time, its actually just up the road from sycamore creek, which I was talking about in an earlier post! And by the way we are going offroading at about noon on Saturday, I still haven't gotten the name of the place, I guess its a trail or something that just has a number for the name. As soon as I find out I'll get you more information!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i haven't been to sycamore creek yet. i've been to four peaks.... i was hopeing to try a new place but i'm down w/ anyplace. noon on saturday is perfect for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
alright guys I just sent both of you an email, if you check this before your email CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts