Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Probably driving you all crazy with audio questions. lol

I'm looking to upgrade my speakers again and power them with a amp because they distort with bass and treble at high volume.

I'm trying to keep cost down- within $250

This what i'm looking @;

Front door speakers-
Kicker DS6930 Car Audio DS Series 6x9" 3-Way Speakers

Rear door speakers-
Kicker KS650 6-1/2" 195 Watt Car Speakers

Amp-
Kicker ZX350.4 4-Channel 350W Car Stereo Amp

Amp kit-
Sound Quest SQ600 Car Audio Amp Amplifier 600 Watt 8 Gauge Install Kit

Is this set-up good.

Will the amp power the speaker good. Matching the rms watts so they hardly distort?

Will the front & rear speakers fit?

Is that the correct amp kit (guage)?

Thank you so much!

Vince

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered the following; Have a kenwood installed now. Let you know how it sounds when its all installed.

For the lows-

Sub-
Kicker Enclosure W/ 12" CVR12 Subwoofer

Amp-
Kicker ZX400.1 ZX-Series 400 Watt Class D Amplifier

Amp Kit-

-----------------------------

For the mids & highs-

Door speaker front & rear-
Kicker DS650.2 Car Audio DS Series 6 1/2" Component Speakers

Amp-
Kicker ZX350.4 4-Channel 350W Car Stereo Amp

Amp Kit-

·
Registered
76 Posts
nice! i was following your sub thread and just ordered a sub and amp myself.

are you doing the install yourself? are you in a 1st or 2nd gen... cant remember if you mentioned it lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool what did you order? I'm in a 2nd gen. Going to have bestbuy install it. I know will cost quite a bit extra but i think it's worth it. It should sound sick when its all done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
heres a link to my thread in the 1st gen forum. prob should of posted it to this section... heh.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f46/new-parts-audio-comin-49979/

ive heard some horror stories about hisoundconnection, post again when you get your stuff in and let us know if everything is ok. people have said the sub has been mounted sideways, box being incredibly loose/shifty, etc...

if you know of anyone thats half way decent with wiring, then i would say do it yourself. its not so much about cost... i dont think BB charges too much, its more that they are not always the best route. sometimes you get a good installer though. i dont know about the 2nd gen, but the 1st is super easy to access everything. plus... its fun doing it by your self! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
To get the best/loudest sound & not to ruin the speakers.

For the Kicker Comp VR Sub that does 400 watts rms @ 2 ohms & Kicker ZX400.1 amp that pushes out 400 watts rms @ 2 ohms-

Where should i set the following;

Low pass filter i know
Feq. Hertz-?
Gain-?
Bass boost-?

For the Front & rear Kicker DS650.2 6-1/2" component speakers that are 60watts rms @ 4 ohms & Kicker ZX350.4 Amp pushes out 60 rms x 4 @ 4 ohms-

Where should i set the following;

High or low pass filter-?
Feq. hertz-?
Gain-?
Bass boost-?

Thanks I really appericate it

Vince

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cool what did you order? I'm in a 2nd gen. Going to have bestbuy install it. I know will cost quite a bit extra but i think it's worth it. It should sound sick when its all done.
BestBuy installed one of my systems and never again. I know each person has their own style and skill level, but the guy who did mine was 1/2 ***. He draped my pwr wire over the engine and didn't even secure it enough. I did 2 amps/wiring harness/sub install with a friend and it took us about 6 hours (neither of us ever tearing apart a frontier before) and I get compliments on it from everyone I show it to. It's not too difficult; do it yourself if you can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts