Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 CC and I am looking to replace the door speakers front and rear. Does anyone happen to know what size they are and any recommendations?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im not positive but i think that it should have 6 1/2'' in both front and rear doors. Everybody has a personal preference for speakers. As long as you stay with one of the more common brands youre going to be okay. If you are not going to us an amplifier I would recommend sticking with a coaxial or triaxial speaker. When you start to get into the componet sets, they tend to need a little more power. Good luck with the install man.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the process of building a speaker box to hold 2x10" subs under the back seat and will be using an amp for that so the extra power wont be a problem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking of going with the Rockford Fosgate P500-2 500 Watt 2-Channel Amp pushing 2x Rockford Fosgate P3SD410 10" Punch P3 4-Ohm DVC Shallow Subs. I am thinking I should just go RF all the way and pick up some P1694 6"x9" Punch 4-Way Full Range Speaker

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have an 06 CC and I am looking to replace the door speakers front and rear. Does anyone happen to know what size they are and any recommendations?
Fronts are 6x9's and the rear has oversized 6.5's. You must cut the oe rear speakers from their pods (they are integrated) to install an aftermarket speaker.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am thinking of going with the Rockford Fosgate P500-2 500 Watt 2-Channel Amp pushing 2x Rockford Fosgate P3SD410 10" Punch P3 4-Ohm DVC Shallow Subs. I am thinking I should just go RF all the way and pick up some P1694 6"x9" Punch 4-Way Full Range Speaker
Just curious, are you going to try and run that amp mono? Stereo amps are not ideal for running subs - you'll miss out on alot of power. Also keep in mind that if you run that amp bridged, you will cut your impedance in half again, which can cause stability issues. Mono amps "see" the actual load they are presented. I have a p300-1 running a dvc Boston G2, and it slams!

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
the KC's have to cut the speakers out, the CC's do not is my understanding but yes, 6x9's in the front, 6.5's in the rear

·
Registered
252 Posts
Its an 05.
Fronts were 6x9
Rears were 6.5 and had 3 screws holding the entire plastic assembly on. The speaker frame itself couldnt be removed from the plastic mount.
Are those mounts sealed from the back? I didnt even look.

Would just having teh speakers mounted in the door provide some bad sound issues, ie echoing through the door or something?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Fronts are 6x9's and the rear has oversized 6.5's. You must cut the oe rear speakers from their pods (they are integrated) to install an aftermarket speaker.
According to crutchfield's site, they recommend getting an adapter plate for the 6.5" in the rear. Does that cover what you're referring to?

They also seem to promote using 6.5's over 6x9's for the front....and an adapter plate for those too.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
Its an 05.
Fronts were 6x9
Rears were 6.5 and had 3 screws holding the entire plastic assembly on. The speaker frame itself couldnt be removed from the plastic mount.
Are those mounts sealed from the back? I didnt even look.

Would just having teh speakers mounted in the door provide some bad sound issues, ie echoing through the door or something?
yea that's what i did too, but they were talking about cutting the speakers out of the mount and reusing it which i did not do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts