Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV LWB 4x4
578 Posts
As odd as this sounds, the new actuator has made the issue worse. Prior to the new actuator, the door worked sporadically - maybe every 5th time I used the fob the passenger side door would lock/unlock.

It's been 3 days since I had the new actuator installed, and I have probably driven the truck 10 times since then and the passenger side door has not worked once.
At least you lucky it's on the passenger side. My driver's side locks me out about 30% of the time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was so p!issed off about it I contemplated trading the truck in. Cool heads prevailed and desided to wait for the fix.
That's kind of where I am now. I am pissed about it and I deal with it every time I drive. However, I did start looking at new trucks - focusing on full size this time around. If I was to trade, I would be looking for as close to an even trade as possible, so going for pre-owned. After test driving a few I realized I would be giving up a lot of the tech and safety features that I really like in the Frontier. I think I will just ride it out and hope there is a fix soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Called Nissan Consumer Affairs today to complain about the door issue.

The Good:
It didn't take long to go through the prompts and speak to a human

The Bad:
I was definitely dealing with a Level 1 CSR who did not know much. He informed me that there is a recall that should solve the issues I am having. He was referring to the brake pawl issue which I informed him has nothing to do with the door. He also said all I need to do is go to the dealership and they will fix it. Clearly, he was a newbie with little experience. I asked that my case get raised to a higher level CSR.

Supposedly, I will be contacted in 1-3 business days.

·
Registered
Black 2022 Pro4-X
24 Posts
Called Nissan Consumer Affairs today to complain about the door issue.

The Good:
It didn't take long to go through the prompts and speak to a human

The Bad:
I was definitely dealing with a Level 1 CSR who did not know much. He informed me that there is a recall that should solve the issues I am having. He was referring to the brake pawl issue which I informed him has nothing to do with the door. He also said all I need to do is go to the dealership and they will fix it. Clearly, he was a newbie with little experience. I asked that my case get raised to a higher level C

Supposedly, I will be contacted in 1-3 business days.
Could you post the Nissan Consumer Affairs number? I posted on my problems back in March and I'm repeatedly told by my dealership that Nissan is working on a solution.

·
Registered
Black 2022 Pro4-X
24 Posts
Here is the number for Nissan Consumer Affairs. It's pretty easy to get through to a human.

Thanks, I just finished a call with Consumer Affairs.
They created a case for me and the Regional Representative is supposed to contact me in 1-3 business days. Like you said it wasn't difficult speaking with a friendly sounding lady. I think more people with the locking and unlocking problems need to call and spend ten minutes creating a case with Nissan Corporation.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks, I just finished a call with Consumer Affairs.
They created a case for me and the Regional Representative is supposed to contact me in 1-3 business days. Like you said it wasn't difficult speaking with a friendly sounding lady. I think more people with the locking and unlocking problems need to call and spend ten minutes creating a case with Nissan Corporation.
^^^^ THIS 100%

41 - 49 of 49 Posts