Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with the doors not opening correctly when you pull the exterior handle?
First experience tonight with one of the rear doors..when I pull the handle, the door only cracks open then the latch catches causing me to have to pull it again to release it.
If anyone has experienced this, have you found an at home remedy or am I forced to take it in to the stealership?

·
Registered
2022 SV Gun Metalic 4×4 Crew Cab Short Bed
85 Posts
Yes. Mine actually started doing that yesterday. This morning I grabbed torx set and nearly all bolts on the door latch and the body latch turned. (Not very loose but slight).So far it works fine. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Mine actually started doing that yesterday. This morning I grabbed torx set and nearly all bolts on the door latch and the body latch turned. (Not very loose but slight).So far it works fine. Fingers crossed.
Thanks.. I'm definitely going to check them tomorrow. I'm praying that's all it is

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm starting to notice this as well, on both front doors of my 2022 Pro4X. It's exactly as you described - the door opens just a small amount and then gets caught on the latch.

·
Registered
2022 King Cab SV
40 Posts
I'm starting to notice this as well, on both front doors of my 2022 Pro4X. It's exactly as you described - the door opens just a small amount and then gets caught on the latch.
Same here. It's happened seven or eight times. If I shut the door and then lock/unlock with the key fob that usually corrects it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
check the slidey lock piece above the door handle on the inside. if it is stuck halfway through its range of motion, it will cause that problem. at least thats what it was for me. just had to reset that piece and i havent had that problem since.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Brought my truck to the Nissan dealership for a complimentary check-up and, more importantly, to have them look at the front doors. Prior to going there I took a video of the door not opening properly. They had me send that vid to them. They said the door issue is currently under "Engineering Review". Meaning, they realize its an issue and are working on a fix.

·
Registered
325 Posts
They said the door issue is currently under "Engineering Review". Meaning, they realize its an issue and are working on a fix.
Yup, I got the same info from my dealer last week when I brought this issue up with them. I also sent them a video, and showed them my running log of every time it's happened and whether it failed when locking or unlocking.

Hopefully the Nissan engineers figure this out soon since I really don't like the possibility of walking away thinking my truck is locked when it's not...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the doors not opening correctly when you pull the exterior handle?
First experience tonight with one of the rear doors..when I pull the handle, the door only cracks open then the latch catches causing me to have to pull it again to release it.
If anyone has experienced this, have you found an at home remedy or am I forced to take it in to the stealership?
Same Issue on the passenger side front door. Did if for two days, then went away. 2022 Pro4X

·
Registered
75 Posts
Unfortunately, I am still having issues with my doors. It went away for a while but has crept back. This morning, leaving the gym, i had to go in through the rear door and crawl over to open the driver's side door. I'm calling the dealership, again, today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was having this problem for a while but it seems to have stopped. I experimented with timing hitting the unlock to actually opening the door, angle from truck, which side I was on. I just used the key when it did it. It hasn't happened for a while now.

One observation...it started when my grandson pressed the lock button on the passenger side, at first I would open that door and unlock both..it worked for a while.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think this can happen when you pull the handle mid lock or unlock process, before the actuator fully finishes. The solution seems to be using the physical key inside the fob to cycle the lock manually both ways or else it keeps getting caught regularly until you do.

Dumb issue really, not sure what about this mechanism makes it a problem. Luckily the fix is easy. It's definitely not a loose latch issue or anything.

Also Nissan isn't going to do **** about it. Guaranteed. And it'll be an issue for a few model years too I bet. Wouldn't let a dealer touch it over this, personally. They can't do anything anyway. Happened to me twice so far in 9 months of ownership, both times because I was impatient about pulling the handle.

Reactions: brgsprint

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, same issue passenger door. It also doesn't lock 100% of the time.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro4x Tac Green
389 Posts
It's not an actuator problem. I had mine replaced and still have the issue. It's a software problem. The BCM is commanding the door to lock when it shouldn't. Nissan is aware of the issue but there still no fix.
Do you have documentation from your dealer? I'd like to share it with my dealer as well.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts