Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1999 Standard cab, 4 cylinder, 2wd manual windows and door locks. Here's my issue, passenger side door. When you lock the truck (doesn't matter if it is from the inside or the outside) and then unlock it, the exterior door handle won't open the truck. When you open it from the inside handle, close it, then try it again with the outside handle, it's fine. I need a new lock cylinder for the drivers door, so I'll be buying a matching set, obviously, but I want to get the passenger door lock/unlock issue fixed first. The truck locks and unlocks fine from both the interior lock switch and the key on the outside of the door, and the interior door handle works just fine. I had the door panel off today and was looking at everything and it all looked like it was in good shape. I was thinking it was the door latch/actuator assembly??

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had the same issue on mine. I removed the door panel and played with the adjuster plate there is in the door. It fixed the issue about 95% as it still do it on very cold day (-20c/-4f). I can live with that as it was a free fix. Also, I had issue with cylinder lock, or so I thought. I had a worn out key. I went and got the key code then had 2 key cut from the code at my local locksmith. Problem solve for about 20$ (canadian pesos)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts