Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know how it works. Two wires at the dome light. There's a constant fused hot, and the other wire is a ground that when each door jam is open it completes the circuit. Then for the additional manual on/off switch the dome light changes grounds and grounds itself to the screw bolting it up, a body ground.

Now here's what I need to know:

Where can I access this main ground wire from each door jam when they are all joined to the single wire that runs up along the roof?? I want to tap into that wire at a convenient place not up in the roof.

I need it because I'm adding aftermarket interior lighting and I want to use the same ground circuit as the dome light, coming from the door jams, but I don't want to tap into the wire on the roof!

Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I would check the schematics to confirm, but I would expect those signals to also appear at the Body Control Module near the steering column.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,688 Posts
The room lamp wiring travels down the A pillar to the SECU on models with power door locks and straight to the fuse box on models without power door locks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts