Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to pull my spare Nismo rim out becasue it's just corroding away underneath there (not to mention the potential for theft). Anyone know what donut spare will fit on the truck?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Why not just swap the tire onto a stock steel rim? This way you have a full size spare and nothing that will corrode (may rust thou).

Its not recommended to use a donut on a truck due to its possibility of towing. A smaller tire on the rear could cause traction issue and not to mention a possible blowout. Then a spare on the front may cause weak steering and possibly a blowout due to a quick turn and the wheel breaking the bead.

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that a 4X4 HAD to have all four tires the same size to be safely driven.
I agree with getting a steel rim as a way to accomplish getting the Nismo rim off the truck.

Clint

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, last time I had a flat was 1989 so odds are it'll never see pavement.
I suppose I could get a proper steelie, but I don't want to pay big bucks for it, hence the donut which probably are virtually being given away at junkyards.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
You do realize that you just shot yourself in the foot right? You know you will go out tomorrow and have a flat and then another one next week, lol. Just swap out for a steelie and call it a day. You can pick one up at the junkyard or on e-bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts