·
Registered
772 Posts
Pics in daylight would be cool, thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, yep the daylight pics would be nice. I was thinking of black too didn't know if it would be too much. Glad you didn't black out the emblem...looks better like that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I will post some daytime pics in the AM tomorrow. It was the second time I had done it. The first time was a few months back (my first time ever playing with plastdip) and I did a poor job. Looks much better this time, and after removing it once feel much more confident in using it in the future. My chrome looked brand new underneath still!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks good, yep the daylight pics would be nice. I was thinking of black too didn't know if it would be too much. Glad you didn't black out the emblem...looks better like that.
I agree, I like the emblem. I have the color coded touch up paint and am considering taking it to a paint shop to have them blast it in white. Who knows, may even paint the NISSAN black into it. At least that is my perfect scheme :) all this would be ssuming I get rid of the chrome rear bumper... which will probably never happen unless I get rear ended. Until then I will let the logos tie the bumper into the truck haha

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks good! you're lucky, my mirrors and door handles were chrome :( swapped door black handles and installed gloss black mirror caps.

·
Registered
95 Posts
looks good! you're lucky, my mirrors and door handles were chrome :( swapped door black handles and installed gloss black mirror caps.
Thanks man! The black plastic side mirrors are already getting pretty scratched up from trail brush though. Might end up getting black protectors anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
Just so much chrome on our trucks
Not that much if you think about it - the main "chrome" is just the grille and rear bumper. No chrome window frames, no chrome door handles, no chrome wheels, etc.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not that much if you think about it - the main "chrome" is just the grille and rear bumper. No chrome window frames, no chrome door handles, no chrome wheels, etc.
Ugly silver SV rims may as well be chrome in my opinion, but I suppose you aren't wrong. I'm a complainer, Raine! Get rid of my chrome! :mad: think I'll be snagging level 8 mk6s here sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
Ugly silver SV rims may as well be chrome in my opinion, but I suppose you aren't wrong. I'm a complainer, Raine! Get rid of my chrome! :mad:
Haha Saturday project for you: PlastiDip your interior door latches :D

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
Literally laughed out loud. I think the floor mats emblem could also be considered chrome. Blasting it.

Edit: thinking of my old mustang's floor mats. The Frontiers are embroidered, huh?
LOL that's just thread, dawg.

Don't forget your HVAC dial rings! :p

[Literally trying to think of what else is chrome without going out to my truck to look LOL]

·
Registered
95 Posts
LOL that's just thread, dawg.

Don't forget your HVAC dial rings! :p

[Literally trying to think of what else is chrome without going out to my truck to look LOL]
The interior plasti.dipping game might be the niche hobby I've been looking for. Can't wait to plastidip those pesky chrome headlights...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts