Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,117 Posts
I would want a big red panic button instead of that little switch - when you need those suckers to belt out, you need them quick. Got a vid clip so we can hear them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would want a big red panic button instead of that little switch - when you need those suckers to belt out, you need them quick. Got a vid clip so we can hear them?
So the train horn is actually attached to my horn switch. The small switch below the steering wheel is to turn it off and on. ON=train horn when steering wheel horn is pressed.OFF=regular horn. I did that so i don't scare the crap out of myself when arming the alarm. I did make a short video here is the link sorry for the quality it was with my phone.

·
Premium Member
12,179 Posts
well so like, why do you have them aimed directly at yourself and your passengers.

thats like dropping a grenade at your feet since the bad guy is across the street lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm going to get the truck horn from the Jeepers Creepers truck. I can't wait!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Double Tap!!!!! BA

·
Registered
127 Posts
LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Just remember in some states it is illegal

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
well so like, why do you have them aimed directly at yourself and your passengers.

thats like dropping a grenade at your feet since the bad guy is across the street lol.
I was just gonna ask the same thing lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

So since I have had train horns on before I have found that in the cab it isn't all that loud. I think at this point it is so freaking loud it wouldn't matter which way it is aimed lol.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just what the world needs, more noise! You need to take your muffler off, too. Get a 1,000 amp stereo driving 18" speakers in the back, a wobble hula girl for the dash, fringe, fuzzy dice . . . complete the picture. Seriously, whatever floats your boat, but I hope you don't live near me. I'm all for freedom of expression, until it gets in my space- then it's no longer your right that's being exercised but my rights that are being abused.

·
Premium Member
12,179 Posts
i will say, me personally, as a dude on this planet. would for sure get pretty pissed off pretty quickly if you honked that at me.
i would 100% follow you to your destination and call you a prick lol.

not to mention its also 100% illegal to use on the road. good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Giving up bed space for a horn does not make sense to me but each to his own.
I do have an aftermarket horn and thinking about installing a siren.
Used while passing when in the desert although we don't do much passing. We are pretty slow!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am a different kind of person when it comes to cars and trucks. I do like loud cars. Thats why I do what I do. I am a auto nut. Everyone has to do something with their time and I choose this. Sorry to offend anyone. But dang I really do love this horn.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Most everybody here is a gearhead. Just that horns are way down the list that people are concern with.
Like most people say, each to their own.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
If your GVWR isn't at least 80,000 lbs, you don't need stacks. If your GVWR isn't at least 100,000 tons, you don't need a train horn. It's called compensating.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Giving up bed space for a horn does not make sense to me but each to his own.
I do have an aftermarket horn and thinking about installing a siren.
Used while passing when in the desert although we don't do much passing. We are pretty slow!
I went with an electronic airhorn... and a decent siren speaker does fit well within our grills.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts