Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this sucks. Today I had to lay to rest my frontier. I totaled her ::tear:: I bounced, rolled, smashed, broke, and even used my arm as a ski as I slid upside down across the freeway. This took place around 7:10 A.M. Mountain time not far from the Utah/Idaho border. I am unsure as to the exact detail, but I'm assuming I just was not fully paying attention by being lost in my head (I'm assuming it's from something I saw at the rest stop I was at no more then 30 minutes prior) but anyways I went off the freeway at about 80 MPH, I attempted to correct myself and "almost" had her, if an exit sign was placed elsewhere. Well I ended up on what I can only assume to be two wheels (only two skid marks) and then proceeded to some how bounce thus resulting in my truck launching some 30-50 feet (I'm not great at judging distance) into the median, landing I flipped on my side and my arm went out the window. Well right before the truck landed my arm decided to act as a ski. I'm not sure how long it dragged like that. Gotta say it was an interesting feeling. Anyways after sliding up to the other side of the freeway my fronty then began to roll. I am unsure of how many times, and even feel like at some point I was like a dradle. But I'm not 100%, this is all what I believe to have happened. I have a dash cam and will post a video if it's not been destroyed. I have no access to anything until Monday as I was taken to the hospital before I could take photos. So I will describe the damage best I can. So the cab was smashed in, windshield destroyed. Two tires were destroyed, fenders on front smashed. Sorry all I can remember at this point. So here's the crazy part about all this (besides the fact of my poor and crazy choices) so my airbags did not deploy, I had a 3 ton floor jack get launched 150+ feet from the truck and it was just behind my head. I hit no other vehicle or caused a wreck, despite the fact I went across two interstate highways (east bound/west bound) my phone came outta this without a scratch, even though it was next to a few other phones that had no chance at survival. My arm was outside my truck when I landed in the median and used as a skid plate, yet not a bone broken or even fractured. And when the truck landed, it was back on all 4 wheels and I was able to open the door as if everything was fine and dandy. And as far as my injuries go, my left arm from the elbow down is pretty messed, 29 stitches put in (unsure how many rocks were pulled out) some very minor cuts/scrapes on my tight hand, a little stiff in the neck. But not a single broken bone. They said I have a concussion, but idk about that. It's taken two days to write this up, so the accident took place Saturday June 17th. I will post pictures of my truck whenever I can get to it, it's currently at the towing place. I will also post the video if it's not been destroyed or erased. Not sure if anyone is interested in an injury pic or not. But for now I'll post a few of the scene.

This is taken from where the truck was launched and you can see where I landed. Crazy how far it is

Where the truck stopped

The launch point

Sorry if anything is confusing. It really sucks, I loved that truck so much. But it was my fault after all. Please everyone, don't make my mistakes. If your tired, pull over. If your distracted, pull over. If your gut says don't go, then don't go! My frontier saved my life, defied science so I could see another day. Though I lost almost everything I own, I didn't loose my life. I will be grateful for that till the day I die. These trucks, well I can confidently say I am a believer when they say how safe they are. I will add more details when I can, just hard to type it all on my phone while dealing with pain. Hopefully I can get the truck back, because over the last month I put a lot of new stuff on it and if I can salvage anything from it I will offer it up on here. Have a great night people, and be safe! Until next time! (Aka whenever I can buy another fronty ::sad::)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
As someone who has also survived a multi roll over accident without serious injury, I'll just say that someone ^^^ was watching over you. There is something ahead that you need to do and more will be revealed.

I'm sorry your truck was destroyed but very glad to hear you are all right. Stuff is just stuff and it can be replaced but we only have 1 life on this planet and it can end quickly....

Sleep well tonight.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hope she was good looking (what you saw at the rest stop).

Seriously, glad you are ok. Proves that these trucks are built pretty tough.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I would be concerned that the airbags did not deploy.
Glad your ok.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So here are the pics

I have more and will upload as soon as I have wifi. But yea I shouldn't be alive. But I am due to personal beliefs as to why. No for sure why can ever be proven. I believe only what I choose and leave it to the individual to choose their own why (god, luck, miracles, etc.)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow man. Glad you made it through that. My brother rolled his Xterra a few years ago and did the arm-ski move too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Wow! Glad you are ok.

Side note, don't be too concerned about the airbags not deploying. Not to minimize the severity of the crash by any means, but the bags only deploy when certain parameters are met in relation to impact direction and deceleration force. Also, this being a 1st gen, it didn't have side impact bags, so it was only going to deploy the bags in a sudden stop in a mostly forward direction.

Once again, glad to hear you are ok.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have more and will upload as soon as I have wifi. But yea I shouldn't be alive. But I am due to personal beliefs as to why. No for sure why can ever be proven. I believe only what I choose and leave it to the individual to choose their own why (god, luck, miracles, etc.)
Well I'm glad you're here to write about it. You can buy a new truck.

·
Registered
337 Posts
After seeing those pictures, it is beyond amazing that you walked away from that, with minor injuries. You sir are blessed by someone!

·
Registered
797 Posts
So here are the pics

Damn, man. I hold my glass up and toast your faithful Frontier. She did good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, man. I hold my glass up and toast your faithful Frontier. She did good.

That she did. She kept me alive. She never let me down

·
Super Moderator
19,659 Posts
After viewing your totaled truck pics, all I can say is that it wasn't your time and your truck sacrificed itself so that you might live on. Glad it wasn't any worse. Another Frontier and some time will heal everything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I assume you were wearing your seat belt?

Yes I was. Which I can only assume is the reason my body and legs are not even bruised. My head was saved by my head rest

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm glad you're ok dude. That's one tough truck! Definitely did its job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I mentioned this before, I am glad you survived but this should never of happened in the first place.
Sounds like and hopefully you learned your lesson.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Think you should swing that by your local Macco I saw a commercial which they were showing a pristine Camaro the other day for $299 paint job I'd take it out of there their crazy that ain't nothing a rattlecan can't fix. Sorry had to break the gloom n doom You my friend are here and I'm glad your alright and that you made it out someone was looking down on you that it wasn't any worse on you. Sorry your pu is there but as others have said possessions in time can all be replaced.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts