Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a while now I've noticed my tire tread is wearing away in an odd way. It's on the inside of the front tires and its worn away in an uneven way. I got it aligned and nothing changed. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
So for a while now I've noticed my tire tread is wearing away in an odd way. It's on the inside of the front tires and its worn away in an uneven way. I got it aligned and nothing changed. Any ideas?
no that's not normal, if it is correctly aligned then either it's a bad tire, not balanced or the air pressure is off.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
normal, but not right. I noticed my 06 X is doing the same thing. My frontier has worn the tires the same way also.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with the control arm recall.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Negative camber...I had to add parts to my front suspension to correct it because the factory doesn't install parts to correct negative camber (where the tires are leaning inward).

·
Registered
677 Posts
Once the damage is done getting it aligned won't help. Make sure its aligned correctly and replace the tires. You may need the camber bolts to get it aligned right.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cupping like that could be from the shocks too.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm...Well I'm going to do be doing a spacer lift soon, so I was going to get the camber bolts...You guys think that would do it?

F4D, can you go into more detail about what your talking about?

UPFLYING, there was a recall on the upper control arm?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Its not a recall issue... any vehicle on the road that is out of alignment will do this. I have to explain this to my customers every day, so I am very familiar w/ this. When the camber or toe is out, it will cause uneven alignment wear called cupping. The only way to fix it, like others have said, is to get the alignment set and either replace the tires, or rotate them to the back so you dont notice the vibration so bad.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bwarren your the man!!

So your saying I need an alignment set or a camber set? Or is this stuff all the same?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Well you need cam bolts to properly set the alignment. From the factory, only the 05's and some 06's came with these bolts. These are what allow you to adjust the camber and caster on the truck. So, if you don't have them then you need those and an alignment. If you do have them, then you just need to have the alignment done.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh perfect. So that's all this is then? no shocks problem or anything right. Now even if I do the mini lift with a spacer and get the camber bolts that will still be fine i assume

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Yes, that'll be fine. With the mini lift, they might have to adjust it all the way out but they can get it close enough to spec.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mine is doing EXACTLY this, the stock BFG's just came off, the front left tire was wore on the inside TERRRRRIBLY while the outside tread was looking like it still had a good 10k miles left.

Stupid.

Just got a new set of tires and need to get this fixed quick.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If the center of the tire is wearing out your tires are over inflated. drop a couple of pounds in the tires with the wear in the center.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If the center of the tire is wearing out your tires are over inflated. drop a couple of pounds in the tires with the wear in the center.
It's not the inside/ center of his tires that are wearing out. Inside front tires (outer thread/ edges closest to the crossmember of both tires). Not sure if you were just giving out another pointer or that's what you thought of his uneven tires wear.

Barcin, I don't know what year or how many mileage your truck has, but if your truck is still covered under warranty dealer should cover for parts n labor for the cam/ caster bolt for the alignment, you do still have to pay for alignment though. I had mine recently done and I only paid for the alignment.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey guys I had the same issue with my old OEM BF's, same inside wear. Just put on a new set of Revo 2's. How many cams bolts are required. I've seen at PRG that they show four bolts but on other sites including nissan parts sites they show two. Is it 2 per side 4 total or just 2. PRG wants $70 for 4 and $30 for 2 for moog brand on other sites.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
You need 4 total. A cam bolt is a cam bolt so don't worry about brand. Firestone offers lifetime alignments so consider that as well (**shameless plug**). If you are ever in Mississippi I"ll hook you up w/ one cheap!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts