Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the AC more and more now that the heat is finally here. I have yet to see any water dripping from underneath the truck while/after it's been on. Does anyone know where the drain is located at. Nothing leaking through on the inside, but I would imagine the system should be dripping something in 90 degree heat with high humidity. I've also been hearing a lot of gurgling/ the sound of water running gently while the system is on, especially while the compressor is running(no it's not the coolant system noises, go that fixed a while ago:) ) Hopefully someone can help on this.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
The water goes the same place my kids socks go to....the twilight zone..

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
you might wana pull up your passenger floor mat and see if the carpet is wet. if you look at the firewall on the passenger side there is a plastic peace that goes from under the dash area to the firewall with a foam like gasket. that is where mine is leaking from.
now if you look in the engine bay between the fuse boxes and the headers there is a small peace of metal that is curved down and under the truck. there should be a small rubber hose that goes from the firewall that goes just above the bent metal. thats where the water should come out of.

this pic was taken with the carpet removed. this is where the water is dripping in my truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
The easy way to fix this problem is as follows. Remove the piece of rubber on the engine bay side of the firewall. Then go to your local auto parts store and ask them if you can go in the back and look at their preformed hoses. Find a hose with a 90 degree bend in it that will fit snug on the nipple comming out of the firewall, then take the hose and on one side of the 90 degree bend cut it just short enough to fit over that nipple(so that the hose stays close to the firewall) and then once you install the hose make sure it points straight down. This should fix your problem. I live in FL and when i used to work at nissan the titans use to have this problem all the time. We use to just go to parts and get a misc. powersteering hose and use that. What happens is the water comming out of the evaporator case runs out the nipple and then it runs down the bottom of the nipple back into the truck because the outside cover is just that, a cover, Without a formed hose the water goes wherever it wants, usually the floorboard. Also while doing this make sure the drain on the evap box isn't clogged. Good luck if you have any more questions let me know.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 07 SE is leaking inside the truck just like SQnismo shows on his picture. I still have water coming out of the drain hose on the engine compartment side though. I took it into the dealer last week. The dealer said they had to order a part and I will have to take it back in when the part comes in.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I hauled landscaping pinestraw this afternoon (22 bales per trip w/bed extender) and found a puddle of water in the driveway after I unloaded, so I assume all is well. But, per NTxFronty's experience, I think I'll double check the interior.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I found the disappearing water. After being puzzled I crawled under the passenger side and literally waited. It is dripping, which is good. It comes out of the netherregions, and drips onto the heat shield above the passenger side cat. I'm guessing that thing is so hot, it just boils off too quick to drip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i took mine to the dealer for a wet floor and they put an extention on the tube to solve the problem all under warranty. i think nissan knows there is a problem with the a/c drain leaking onto the floor because the drain extention had a nissan part number

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
homer said:
i took mine to the dealer for a wet floor and they put an extention on the tube to solve the problem all under warranty. i think nissan knows there is a problem with the a/c drain leaking onto the floor because the drain extention had a nissan part number
could you get that part number for us?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts