Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm planning on getting a system in my truck soon. I've found the box I need and have a Rockford P3 12" to fit it. So my other additions will need to be thought out wisely. I'd like to stick with these two name brands if possible....

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD (Installed)
Mono Block Amp: Rockford Fosgate R500-1
Sub: Rockford Fosgate P3 12" (Owned)
4 Channel Amp: PioneerGM-6400F
Front Speakers w/Tweeters In Dash:: ???
Rear Speakers: ???

I've got some new Pioneer TS-T110 7/8" dome tweeters laying around..not sure if they'll be used in this truck or not.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No suggestions?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
its your ears. ;)

you didnt mention a budget either. im going to assume you want something that sounds good. id suggest the pioneer TS-C720PRS components for the front. they are a little pricey but they are some of the best speakers that pioneer has ever made. for the rear, pick up a set of their similar coaxials and remember to set the fader forward a few clicks to let the components do the majority of the work and the coaxs provide some rear fill.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm not trying to spend an arm and a leg to be honest. I don't want to sound cheap, just can't justify spending an *** load on audio equipment. I'm trying to keep all this under 1k if at all possible.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've been looking around if I can afford them at the time I'll get the Pioneer TS-C720PRS, hopefully I can. I've never installed a "system" before. I know to run the power wires on one side and the RCA's on the other. What length RCA's would I need for my crew cab fronty? I think I'll go with Stingers when it comes to RCA's. And most likely Rockford power wire. Any suggestions on what fuse setup would be best? I guess I'll need speaker adapters for the 6 1/2's you suggested correct? Any suggestions about doing the job would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What length RCA's would I need for my crew cab fronty?
depends on where you mount your amps. 12ft normally work in most trucks. all else fails, get some string and lay it out and remember to add a foot or two for snaking it through the dash

Any suggestions on what fuse setup would be best?
use the correct fuse sizes for your amps (check your owners manual). youll need a fuse near the battery for your main power cable, and you can run a fused distribution block to split it to your amps. fuse style is up to you. i prefer ANL for the under hood fuse and mini ANL or midi fuses in the distro block

I guess I'll need speaker adapters for the 6 1/2's you suggested correct? Any suggestions about doing the job would be greatly appreciated.
speaker adapters/spacers more likely. you can make them out of 3/4 mdf or plywood using the factory speakers as a guide. my speakers were a tad large so i doubled 3/4 mdf to clear the window. i just happened to have some fiberglass resin with black dye that i used to waterproof the mdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts