Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I've had my 07 XE 2.5 since new and now its got 135k and no major issues to date. I also had a Pathfinder and the radiator failed in the typical way, milkshake in the trans!!

Does anyone know if the 4 cyl radiator is different than the 6cyl radiator? The part number from Napa is different, making me think that the factory part may be differnnt too...and hopefully not prone to failure. I cant find any thing anywhere saying anything about the 4cyl rad failing, just V6. If anybody has some good info on this please point me in the right direction.

Also, does anyone know of an improved aftermarket rear axle seal? I've replaced the right rear axle seal twice and the factory seal is leaving a groove on the axle. I position the seal a little different each time to get on fresh metal but I'm running out of room!

Thanks for any info you guys have.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Did you make sure your rear diff breather isn't plugged up causing the axle seals to leak? They get plugged up and build pressure causing fluid past the seals. I've seen guys with leaking axle seals simply replace their breather and no longer have an axle leak.
Working at a Nissan dealer, I have never seen a 2.5 radiator/trans fluid mix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slipped my mind to check the breather, Thanks. I have to change front hub/bearings this weekend, (one of the few times it's nice to have 2wd!!), so I'll check then.

Glad you haven't seen it on the 2.5L. If I call with my VIN do you think the dealer could tell for sure if it's in the affected batch of radiators? Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts