Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I don’t think its the ”corporations” that have necessarily changed the working class ”culture” as much as it is the abusive power the unions have unashamedly wielded. A prime example is the Teacher’s unions and what they have done to our children these past two years.
If I had to make the call: who is more abusive, unions or management? The call would be on unions. It pains me to say one is dealing with stupid people whose purpose is to protect the lazy and also stupid.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
CT_Nismo WOW, calling people, you don't know stupid and lazy. I hope your life gets brighter

·
Registered
547 Posts
Employees are free to unionize or not unionize in every state of the Union if they choose. Its a choice on their part collectively. Hence I am unsure why it would matter to anyone if there car is made by Union or Not. Either way the workers are not being oppressed.

If not in a union, individual employees may demand better benefits, better pay, or better working conditions as an individual. I have, and have gotten them. If your a good employee and they won't provide them, someone else will hire you - we have a labor shortage.

·
Registered
22 CC S 4x4
118 Posts
I don’t plan to ever buy a UAW built vehicle again unless I need a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. It was a major reason I didn’t even consider a Ranger or Colorado when truck shopping last winter. The UAW is actively engaged in politics that are antithetical to my beliefs, and I choose not to support that financially wherever possible.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don’t plan to ever buy a UAW built vehicle again unless I need a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. It was a major reason I didn’t even consider a Ranger or Colorado when truck shopping last winter. The UAW is actively engaged in politics that are antithetical to my beliefs, and I choose not to support that financially wherever possible.
Voting with your wallet is about the only vote you really have left. Good for you!

When a reporter asked Michael Jordon why he wasn't endorsing then candidate Obama he answered 'because republicans buy T-shirts also". Smart man.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Frontier SV CCSB 4x4
813 Posts
Voting with your wallet is about the only vote you really have left. Good for you!

When a reporter asked Michael Jordon why he wasn't endorsing then candidate Obama he answered 'because republicans buy T-shirts also". Smart man.
Michael Jordon? Never heard of her.. 🤣

Reactions: vjmvjm

·
Registered
7 Posts
I placed a deposit for one of these trucks a few weeks ago and I'm looking at receiving it in the summer some time.

I decided to do a little research since then and discovered the plant these trucks are built in isn't unionized and Nissan actually ran an aggressive anti union campaign a few years ago in Mississippi. It left a sour taste in my mouth to say the least.

Purchasing or not purchasing a truck and giving a company 50k is a big deal and I feel like it's one of those cases I can definitely speak with my wallet and not purchase this truck.

On the other hand the union built trucks like the Ford ranger, jeep thing, and the GMC/Chevy midsizes don't really tickle my fancy so it leaves me in a bit of a predicament.

Do you guys ever have similar thoughts when purchasing a new vehicle?
They'll cost you more money unionized

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m make $32 an hour OT after 8 hrs. I pay $200 a month for my whole family to be insured. I am union. Workers at other companies in my field that are non union, make $18 an hour and pay $600 a month for insurance. The company relentlessly fights to pay us wage and benefits “more along the national average” as they say, all while making record profits. The reason unions aren’t so strong, is because of avg people not caring about unions.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Doesn’t bother me a wit. And Im currently a CWA union member, and have been IBEW in the past.
Will never buy a GM or Chrysler product after Obama left the bond holders out in the cold and gave the union’s money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed a deposit for one of these trucks a few weeks ago and I'm looking at receiving it in the summer some time.

I decided to do a little research since then and discovered the plant these trucks are built in isn't unionized and Nissan actually ran an aggressive anti union campaign a few years ago in Mississippi. It left a sour taste in my mouth to say the least.

Purchasing or not purchasing a truck and giving a company 50k is a big deal and I feel like it's one of those cases I can definitely speak with my wallet and not purchase this truck.

On the other hand the union built trucks like the Ford ranger, jeep thing, and the GMC/Chevy midsizes don't really tickle my fancy so it leaves me in a bit of a predicament.

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I prefer that they are not.

·
Registered
43 Posts

If you paid $50,000 for a Nissan Frontier, I can safely assume you are not a Certified Financial Planner.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not even going to read the comments.. Doesn't matter to me! The quality is great! I've had Ford, Dodge, and Chevy vehicles. All great! Worked union for the airlines 14 years. It was a pain in the a#@!!! Union rules, company trying crap!! Just wanted to get the work done! I get it! Nissan must treat their employees well. Or there would be a union. What does that tell you about most of the auto makers?? The airlines?? See??

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts

No.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hadn't really thought about it. Corporate profits are at the highest level in history and workers' wages are close to the lowest so all things considered I would have taken it into account had I known. I still like my Frontier and probably would have bought anyway but I think it's perfectly fine for you to bring it up. Too many people in this country just want to pick a side and argue with someone else. I even get surprised how many people make assumptions about me because I drive a pickup truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, since unions are political entities that represent the far left ideology, and I have a few brain cells left, I couldn't care less if Nissan is non-unionized. In fact, I prefer it. Unions quit caring about workers about 40 years ago and are now only worried about they money they can make.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I started my mining career with a unionized mine and was a Stewart with the Teamsters 104 for 5 years.

It was ALWAYS a fight with the company over everything. Honestly the work morale was very low, they have not seen an increase in pay in about 12 years, insurance costs increased by a lot, they took away pensions, and other things.

I now work for a non union mine and we don't have that tension between management and hourly employees. I make about 8 more an hour, have a 401K match, and insurance is cheaper.

I am just sharing my personal experience with my career and unions. I respect both sides weather union or not. I don't like getting into the politics of it all.

It is quite different I am sure from the mining industry compared to auto manufacturing.

It does not bother me that Frontier was made in non union factory.
I understand if some people have a problem with the Nissan being built in a nonunion factory. I have lived in the south all of my 68 years and have had friends move from up north that were union employees. I have heard just as many union people that left the union that said they wish they had never been involved with a union as others that say the union has done goodbye them. So no it makes no difference to me I got a great truck built by skilled employees, I could care less if they’re unionized.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts