Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm fairly new to the frontier world and my wife and I are considering a camper. Do any of you pull a camper with your truck? What kind? I'm just trying to get an idea of what my options are as far as what I can pull. I'm also new to pulling camping trailers and sort of confused by the various weight numbers and everything that is taken into consideration. I have an 06 CC 4x4 4.0L Auto.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think the max tow capability listed in the manual is 6,000lbs, it might be a little less for 4x4. I don't tow anything but lots of guys talk about towing on here so I'm sure you'll get some good replies. BTW, Is your name Judson? just wondering cause that's my dads name and I've never met anyone else that goes by Jud.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the max tow capability listed in the manual is 6,000lbs, it might be a little less for 4x4. I don't tow anything but lots of guys talk about towing on here so I'm sure you'll get some good replies. BTW, Is your name Judson? just wondering cause that's my dads name and I've never met anyone else that goes by Jud.
I think my manual said something like that if i remember right. Actually its my last name but it may as well be my first name since thats what most people call me anyway. Thats pretty cool, I've only met one other person with Judson as a fist name.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. After much confusion and looking through different threads, below is my calculation for a ball park empty trailer weight for what I can tow. You guys please tell me if I'm just way off base with this.

My Truck = 06 CC SE 4X4 Auto

GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating found in owners manual).....11133 lbs
^^the theoretical combined weight of the truck and trailer fully loaded^^

GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating Found on decal in DSdoor)......5815 lbs
^^the theoretical weight of the truck fully loaded^^

11133 lbs - 5815 lbs = 5318lbs (Safe weight of a fully loaded trailer)

5318 lbs-1000 lbs(estimation for weight of gear) = (ball park 4500)

So would I be safe to look for a travel trailer with an emtpy weight (dry weight) of 4500 lbs?
It sort of makes sense to me on paper but I'm a newbie at this so thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts