Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
grrr the freakin wire dipstick just sucks. it gets stuck and all bent up and i cant seem to get a for sure reading of oil.if you go over its wayyy hard to tell. is there other ones out there to buy? like just the plain skinny metal ones?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who uses their dipstick? I cannot even recall where mine is. Is your leaking oil?
no, my vehicle i drove before the frontier burned alot of oil and i frequently had to add and check. the habit just carried over i guess lol

you dont use your dipstick?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just gunna ask the same thing, i know mines like 3.5 qts but i like to just make sure.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
ok, so i just finally hit my 45k mark, i change my oil every 3k miles, but i do not use synthetic because when we did this to a truck which used regular oil all of its life it really messed everything up

But i will check my dipstick from now on

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I have been driving more years than most of you have been alive. I was taught early on to check tire pressure, oil, coolant level, power steering fluid level, w/s washer fluid level, and battery electrolite level. It was called preventive maintenance.

On some of my early vehicles I had to add oil to them regularly. I still check my trucks vitals every week. I frequently have to air up my tires as they change with the temperature and I periodically have to add distilled water to the battery.

I have not had to add oil to my truck, but I check it faithfully each week. Most engines will start to use a little oil as they wear out. You never know when that process will start so it is safest to check it from the git-go.

The dipstick in my Frontier is hands down the worst one I have ever seen. That is one place they could certainly improve our trucks.

OkieScot

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have been driving more years than most of you have been alive. I was taught early on to check tire pressure, oil, coolant level, power steering fluid level, w/s washer fluid level, and battery electrolite level. It was called preventive maintenance.

On some of my early vehicles I had to add oil to them regularly. I still check my trucks vitals every week. I frequently have to air up my tires as they change with the temperature and I periodically have to add distilled water to the battery.

I have not had to add oil to my truck, but I check it faithfully each week. Most engines will start to use a little oil as they wear out. You never know when that process will start so it is safest to check it from the git-go.

The dipstick in my Frontier is hands down the worst one I have ever seen. That is one place they could certainly improve our trucks.

OkieScot
x2 except the driving longer than most of us have lived

Dip stick does SUCK, my wifes 4Banger has a tougher one

·
Registered
5,077 Posts

OkieScot
those i do check.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I hate our dipstick. I don't check nearly as often as I should, but I would say it's about monthly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts