Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have these, or even seen them on a fronty?? i am looking for something to help with rock chips on the lower rocker panel and the front of the rear fender. i kind of like the look of them, but my main point of intrest would be function. my question is how well do you think they would keep the rocks off of the body of the truck. here is the web site http://community.webshots.com/album/526172338QnfruW thanks

-CH

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
They seemed to have helped a little. It is kind of hard to tell because my fender was so nicked up already. Either way, I like the way they look. And they work great when off roading.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's mine, check out the rest of the thread, too:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=9964&highlight=#9964

I really like them. I probably won't justify the offroad, rock-protecting capability of them, but I definitely like the look and wanted to set my Fronty apart from most others (so don't get them because I don't want too many others out there on the street :lol: ).

Edit: I forgot to answer the other question about protecting the rear fender. Like 2k5nismo wrote, it's hard to tell. If they help, it's probably not much (I've read that other step-bars aren't helping much either).

-Scope

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScopeTx said:
Here's mine, check out the rest of the thread, too:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=9964&highlight=#9964

I really like them. I probably won't justify the offroad, rock-protecting capability of them, but I definitely like the look and wanted to set my Fronty apart from most others (so don't get them because I don't want too many others out there on the street :lol: ).

Edit: I forgot to answer the other question about protecting the rear fender. Like 2k5nismo wrote, it's hard to tell. If they help, it's probably not much (I've read that other step-bars aren't helping much either).

-Scope
so this product is more of a nerf bar, or step to get in.....and it does not provide for much protection???

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Its not intended to protect from rocks and other debri flying off your front tires, but instead to protect the rocker panel from rocks or other surprises on the trail so you dont bash your truck up. I've still got the stock mudflaps up front so I dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
They are really stout and well made. You can jump up and down on them and they dont flex, unlike step/nerf bars. They also look badass, dont cost you ground clearance, and literally act as a bumper on the side of your truck.

I highly recommend them. Only downside is they have a combined weight of about 120 lb ;)

- Greg -

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you are wanting to protect your truck from getting rock chips you have 2 choices:
1. Get the bottom 6 to 8 in. of your truck(front to back) line-x'd, rhino lined or one of the many spray on products available. Most you can get color matched to your paint.
2. Get a paint protective film, you have a little piece in front of your rear tire. With this they can do the front (think invisible bra), headlights, and quarter panels.
Most of these apps. will be as much as a set of sliders. Rock sliders and nerf bars will not stop many rocks while driving there not supposed to. Myself ,as soon as I get some more chips in the paint I plan to do the spray on liner, color matched of course. Hope this all helped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts