Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
Too dark under the tonneau cover, so time to do something about it ...........

Time to give the "Pillar" some altitude. Comfort-ride 2" lift shackles installation, and Bilstein 6112 coil-overs and AllDogsOffroad upper control arms to follow.

After installing lift shackles, I needed to deal with the fact that the airbag mounts were now too short, so I fabbed up some 2" lift spacers to get the bags back to their correct ride height and not be hyperextended.

I monologue on ripping CDs and DVD audio, JRiver Media Player 28; FLAC vs MP3, $50,000 dollar turntables and Capitol Audiofest, Rockville MD.

• Angry
Reactions: MT Mike
Got around to culling the around 11 hours of raw footage we shot in Maine, running the lumber hauling trail "the Golden Road" from Millinocket ME to the Canadian Border with a side trip on the imaginatively named "Loop Road". The border crossing was far less impressive than I'd expected, considering it's actually "defending" our Northern Border, it didn't even have a gate, just a small guardhouse on the US side and camera's mounted on utility poles on the Canadian side. We saw a crane ( the bird, not the machine ), two deer that are far larger than their southern state's cousins ( guesstimate around 200+# each, the record being a 400# Buck and standard range 200 to 300 ), and a Fisher Cat, but still no daggone Moose. They're hiding from me. And oh yeah, 120k# logging trucks. Seven to Eight axle's each.

Reactions: Gdubz
Bed lighting / under tonneau cover project came out well, but there were two strip ends in the far back corner hanging down, as the OE length of the strips provided was too long. Finally got around to doing something about that. Here they are, shortened to proper length.

• Haha
Reactions: MT Mike
As promised, heater core fittings replacement video. The stock plastic ones are prone to age embrittlement & cracking, they never should have made it to the assembly line to begin with.

Nissan provides a transmission temperature guage in certain model years of the Titan, but none in the Frontier, an inexcusable oversite for anyone who hauls, off-roads or tows. Here's how to add one and be sure you're not roasting your $7k transmission.

Christmas Eve the Director and I headed to Fort Valley VA, to hit the Tasker's Run and Peter's Gap OHV trails. The first trail was a cakewalk, any decent auto could handle that one, but peter's Run, now, that was where things got interesting. The trail was one vehicle wide, and very rough, a few segments of "moonscape" with pure trail cover of fragmented rocks the size of dinner plates, and a lot of off-camber turns and whoop-dies that would high-centre a vehicle with lower ground clearance. I even ended up hitting the radiator skid plate on a nice sized rock, near the end of the trail. I was very thankful for a 2" suspension lift and full armour plate, the bash plates and rear differential steel protection plate made the trail a bit less stressful. I'll be honest and state my sphincter pucker factor is probably less than some, who would have looked that trail over and given it a full send, but we encountered a side-by-side at the end of the same trail that had a flat tire, destroyed alloy wheel and had lost reverse gear in it's transmission, so this was a fairly serious run. It took us nearly 3 hrs to complete a 7.9 mile section. If you're in the DelMarVa area, this is worth the ride, we are between Baltimore and DC and took us just over 2hrs to arrive in Fort Valley.

Not exactly truck related directly, but will be making truck parts using it. My Creality Ender Pro3 3D printer rig, running PLA plastic and PETG. PLA is made from corn starch so it's renewable and environmentally friendly. PETG is more of a conventional plastic and is petro-based as far as I'm aware of.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.