Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One day I will have a couple bumpers and other oem parts lying around and was wondering should I sell them or keep them so I can sell the truck as stock and sell the aftermarket parts seperately? It is possible that this will be my truck until death do us part....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Always keep the stock parts if you can. It gives you options down the road.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
bumpers would be something i would keep if i had room just in case i ever traded in the truck because you'll get more money taking the aftermarket ones off and selling them than just leaving them on. suspension stuff like shocks i would keep for when you have to send off aftermarket ones for rebuilds

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have always sold all my OEM parts on my vehicles that I modified. I always seem to have got back about 30% of the cost of the aftermarket parts. The bike in my avatar is a 03 Kawasaki Z1000 which I dumped about $7000.00 worth of parts into. Almost every bolt on part was replaced with the forged alloy wheels costing the most. Most all the parts I have sold were sold on the forums I belong to just like this one...

·
Registered
874 Posts
I keep most of my parts, the ones I sold I kick my self in the *** for, other side of the coin is that I have a bunch of crap laying around and I am running out of space.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
if i can sell it it gets sold and if its getting traded in normally you can find some one willing to trade of buy parts from ya no need to keep stuff around just to have it

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
i normally keep all my stock parts, since i did a Coil over conversion and put in shock hoops, i just ended up tossing my OEM parts, i would have gotten maybe 50bucks total for all of them....

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
the only things I have kept are stereos.
The rest go aftermarket when the original are damaged.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
i don't have too many aftermarket parts but with the ones i replaced i have kept, i thought about selling but i thought one day i may need them, plus the exhaust shop chucked my stock exhaust away w/o asking me if i wanted to keep it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If your truck can still use it.. Keep it. Even aftermarket stuff breaks/wears out.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
If your truck can still use it.. Keep it. Even aftermarket stuff breaks/wears out.
i wouldnt beable to go back to stock if i wanted to.. had to cut off too much stuff, but if i was able to i would have.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I kept nothing but the stock wheels. I dont plan on returning my truck to stock if i sell and wouldnt trade it in. If you find somebody that knows what they are buying you can get a little better price.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I keep most things - like others have said you never know...
the stock speakers were placed where they belonged though - in the trash! Especially since I hacked out the connectors to use on my new speakers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Keep most everything especially high wear parts. For example, put custom rotors, lines, pads on my car and kept all the originals for when they wear out. I also have a tendancy to put something on and then change my mind so always keep stock parts at least a couple of months.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Keep the oem parts for the next owner. They may want to go back to stock.
Very important with smog or emission engine parts, you may need to go back to stock to pass a smog check. No smog checks in your area yet? Fear not, your government will be mandating smog inspections nationwide in the near future.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Never have, never will. All my oem parts have a nice reunion in the attic...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'm putting in an aftermarket radiator and will sell a great factory one to someone who is stupid enough to buy it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts