Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here is like me and owns their Frontier and certainly likes it but really loves cars and not trucks...I own my property which is filled with things to do and yard debris to hall away, lumber to pick up etc...I have to have a truck or my yard would get overgrown and my house would never be maintained...

I guess I do love my truck or im attatched to it but I dont necessarily go cruising in it or enjoy cruising in it. I have it in me to get another car but it really does suck to have to pay tax and insurance for a expense I dont exactly need...

Almost bought a 08 e93 m3 for 16.5k couple days ago but turned it down do to overal exterior and interior condition...I find myself looking for the ultimate toy...I have access to a beautiful fully loaded 2015 acura tsx when I want, but it just doesnt do it for me...

Guess im just dreaming too much and should be happy with I already have....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wouldn't say I "have to" own a truck but owning a home... It sure makes it much easier and I don't have to borrow a truck all the time anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wet Dog

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I just switched back to a truck after a brief stint driving an FJ Cruiser. I also tried to be satisfied with a Ford Explorer back in 2005. Both times it did not last long before I needed to be back in a truck. I am not a cattle farmer or anything, but I do live out in the country and I bred poultry. Hauling hay, chickens, or garbage to the dump is a lot easier and less messy/smelly with a truck. If I were actually off roading, the FJ would be a better rig, no doubt about it. But these days is rather drive up into the mountains for camping and hiking and the truck is capable and roomier. I will miss the lack of carpet and the water resistant seats of the FJ. You can clean the entire interior with a whisk broom and a damp rag.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Who here is like me and owns their Frontier and certainly likes it but really loves cars and not trucks
Not me.

There are so many things you can do with a truck that you can't do with a car - and the few things a car really excels at don't interest me in the least.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
Growing up and over the years, my family has always had a truck.
In college I had a car for a couple semesters. It came to light then just how reliant I am on having a truck.
I dont "need" one daily or even weekly, but when I do need a truck, its not something a car could handle.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Coming from a long list of sports cars prior to owning my 2 Frontiers, I can say I miss handling and above avg acceleration. What I don't miss about sports cars is the expense of maintaining them due to all the handling & acceleration = tires, suspension, etc... None of my cars even came close to the dependability of my '00 XE Frontier 4-banger/5-sp. So far, this '15 SV 6-sp has been stellar...and it's good to have some torquey V6 power.
LOVE my Frontiers...period.

Reactions: Drumminchick

·
Registered
378 Posts
Who here is like me and owns their Frontier and certainly likes it but really loves cars and not trucks...I own my property which is filled with things to do and yard debris to hall away, lumber to pick up etc...I have to have a truck or my yard would get overgrown and my house would never be maintained...

I guess I do love my truck or im attatched to it but I dont necessarily go cruising in it or enjoy cruising in it. I have it in me to get another car but it really does suck to have to pay tax and insurance for a expense I dont exactly need...

Almost bought a 08 e93 m3 for 16.5k couple days ago but turned it down do to overal exterior and interior condition...I find myself looking for the ultimate toy...I have access to a beautiful fully loaded 2015 acura tsx when I want, but it just doesnt do it for me...

Guess im just dreaming too much and should be happy with I already have....
I actually prefer the pickup over a car, especially when traveling.

·
Registered
939 Posts
My KC Pro-4x is my only vehicle, It's not a neccesity but it compliments my lifestyle well. I like to hike and camp in remote places which involves a lot of gravel road travel. Most deactivated roads require a fair bit of ground clearance, good tires and low range. The truck box is great for my hobbies and a nice place to sleep when I have the canopy on.

It was cheap (used, $20k), it's been reliable and good on fuel for what it is (19mpg average). I like it.

·
Premium Member
6,683 Posts
I wouldn't say I "need" a truck, but it is quite useful. I own an 87 year old duplex, hunt, fish, camp and like to off road.

I was in to muscle cars for many years but since switching to trucks and occasionally motorcycles, my love of cars? Not so much. My Brother in law has been out of town so I have been driving his WRX a little (he parks on the street, don't want to leave it for 2 weeks) and while fun to drive, having similar MPG, needing premium fuel and no hauling ability, I prefer my truck. My beater car? meh, it gets me to work 5 days a week and gets me 30 MPG. WHen it breaks, i'll throw it away.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hunt and haul a boat so life without a truck seems pretty difficult. I do sometime miss my v8 challenger, but then I hit a mud hole and forget about it. Even jacked up, titan swapped on mud tires I get heckled for not having a "real truck"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love my truck. I've owned an 03 Ranger ext cab and my 14 Frontier crew 4x4. I loved both trucks and while driving to work may cost me a tank of fuel a week I wouldn't trade it for any economy car out there. I just love the lifted feel of a truck, even at almost stock height. Plus living in TN means I need a 4x4 or AWD in the winter. Which me and the wife have both, my truck and a 16 Rogue

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm one of those who has had quite a number of vehicles over the years. Cars, trucks, motorcycles and pretty much anything in between and then some. Farmed in Nebraska, so I can add tractors and semi-trucks to that too.

Before I bought my Frontier, I had a Ford Focus and prior to that an Escape Hybrid. LOVED my Escape. It went everywhere, was a competent travel/camping/hauling and occasional farm vehicle I wish I still had it truthfully. The Focus... don't miss it at all.

But, the long and short of it, I missed having a real pickup and this little Frontier fits the bill for my lifestyle as it currently is. I will probably get another motorcycle in the next year (sold my last one when I moved back to Florida). But, I'll likely keep a truck in the fold.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm one of those who has had quite a number of vehicles over the years. Cars, trucks, motorcycles and pretty much anything in between and then some. Farmed in Nebraska, so I can add tractors and semi-trucks to that too.

Before I bought my Frontier, I had a Ford Focus and prior to that an Escape Hybrid. LOVED my Escape. It went everywhere, was a competent travel/camping/hauling and occasional farm vehicle I wish I still had it truthfully. The Focus... don't miss it at all.

But, the long and short of it, I missed having a real pickup and this little Frontier fits the bill for my lifestyle as it currently is. I will probably get another motorcycle in the next year (sold my last one when I moved back to Florida). But, I'll likely keep a truck in the fold.

Just my two cents.
I've considered an Escape Hybrid, probably do me just fine with some good all terrain tires.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I've been jones-ingfor a Jeep Wrangler for the past couple of years.
Problem is I don't want to give up the pickupbed. I too live in the country and take my trash to the dump + pick up bags of dirt and wood chips frequently.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I hunt and haul a boat so life without a truck seems pretty difficult. I do sometime miss my v8 challenger, but then I hit a mud hole and forget about it. Even jacked up, titan swapped on mud tires I get heckled for not having a "real truck"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That's funny.....I get the same thing from my coworkers about not having a real truck. I like it, pay for it and while not as roomy as my friend Ford F150 (2005) our horsepower and torque are close.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like having a truck so if something does come along that I need to haul or tow then I don't have to ask to borrow one or wait until someone can help me.

Also, I don't have any people to haul around so no need for a car. And my drive to work is literally 2 miles, so no need for something that gets super good gas mileage.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't need a truck 100% of the time, but the times I need a truck, a car will work exactly 0% of the time. Plus, I hate paying for delivery on anything. Hell I can charge people for doing truck things.

A second, good on gas, fun in the twisties car would be nice, but I'll take versatility and practicality over performance and fuel economy any day of the week.

Reactions: Wet Dog
1 - 20 of 42 Posts