Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I clean up after people on the trails and my climbing areas. A lot of people go hiking and just leave their trash and water bottles everywhere. I really don't understand why people do that. I think they should teach ethics more in schools or something. Maybe that'll make a difference.

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
I clean up after people on the trails and my climbing areas. A lot of people go hiking and just leave their trash and water bottles everywhere. I really don't understand why people do that. I think they should teach ethics more in schools or something. Maybe that'll make a difference.
Imagine what they teach their children...

Clint

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
1,900 Posts
I think they should teach ethics more in schools or something..
The responsibility of instilling morals and ethics falls directly on parents. Being raised by both parents plays a huge role as well IMO.
Educators have enough on their plate as it is.
I'm pretty sure that if I was raised without the "I'm gonna tell your dad." threat always being there, there's probably no way I'd listen to anyone...including educators.
Like Chris Rock said... (skip to 1:20)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I clean up when I hike. We carry a plastic grocery bag, reuse, recycle. Some people are just trash but most are not.

I want to add, my daughter is a naturalist for the parks department. She probably would have draconian punishment for littering.

Tt

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
I am a home improvement contractor (44years) and working in homes for periods of time I observe the family dynamic. After watching how the parents do things it’s no wonder the kids are whacked and have no moral compass. This is what happens when the loser also gets a trophy. Many times I’ll gives those kids a pass as they actually don’t know any better and many are raised by the housekeeper who left her own kids in another country. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Imagine when they are tomorrow’s future leaders. Kind of like AOC.

Clint

21 - 26 of 26 Posts