Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking on getting the OME lift kit for my 16 Pro4x, I also would like to get some sliders.... but I notice that on the sliders they ask you if you have a lift? Can you get sliders and then do the lift? or will it get messed up? Should I do the lift first, then the sliders? Any input would be greatly appreciated....

* I would really like to get the sliders first, I am going with White Knuckle sliders btw....

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I am looking on getting the OME lift kit for my 16 Pro4x, I also would like to get some sliders.... but I notice that on the sliders they ask you if you have a lift? Can you get sliders and then do the lift? or will it get messed up? Should I do the lift first, then the sliders? Any input would be greatly appreciated....

* I would really like to get the sliders first, I am going with White Knuckle sliders btw....
Lift first

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
That a reference to body lift, not suspension - suspension lifts have no effect on the fit of the sliders but body lifts do. Grab the sliders first and do the lift whenever you get the time, dosh, and/or gumption.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
575 Posts
I can't remember if I put my sliders on before doing any lift work on mine but I do know that I've changed my lift at least twice, probably more, since installing the sliders and and there have been no ill effects on either. In fact the sliders allowed me to use a hi-lift jack the past couple of times I've had to get the truck off the ground (while stationary... :D ) which made the job easier altogether. And I don't think the WK sliders look weird either way, stock or lifted - they rock, you'll love 'em.

Lemme see if I can find the pics of my install...that'll show how they look on a "lower than lifted" truck. BRB...

·
Registered
44 Posts
A suspension lift will have no effect on the sliders. I had the white knuckle sliders on my truck before I installed my 2" lift. Only a body lift will make the sliders look bad unless you get them made for the body lift.

Check out rugged rocks when you go buy your OME lift kit. They have great customer service and really support the Nissan community.

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissa...0052015-ocp-60250.html?tracking=599b731ed5bd4

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissa...0052015-ocp-60249.html?tracking=599b731ed5bd4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Mfed well you know who is going to come knocking with a few cold ones when the sliders and rear bumper comes in :itsfriday: im told it will take about 3 months for my Shrockworks.... sigh

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Nitroman15 you must be looking into your crystal ball as that was EXACTLY who i was going to get them through! So getting that kit.... it doesn't matter if i do the sliders before or after right? i want to get the sliders asap as i live in SF where everyone dings each others cars.... ugh

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yeah I don't have any good pics of the sliders before my lift(s) but they definitely went on first and looked great, like Nitro's. Plus they protect your doors from parking lot dings. I came out of Target on Masonic once to see a big chip taken out of the bed liner on my driver side slider and the car next to me had a nice little dent at the edge of their door right about the height of my slider... LOL That would have dinged my door something fierce if the slider hadn't been there (let the parking wars...BEGIN!). Another bonus is the sliders will double as steps if you need them after the lift. Grab 'em now and don't look back, there are no downsides at all of getting them first.

@Mfed well you know who is going to come knocking with a few cold ones when the sliders and rear bumper comes in :itsfriday: im told it will take about 3 months for my Shrockworks.... sigh
Garage door is always open! :mrgreen:

Yeah Shrock takes a while, but WK will likely have the sliders to your door inside a month. They're awesome, and great to deal with.

Attaching the only nearly decent shot of my sliders before the lift - I was trying to illustrate the spacing from the rockers to the sliders which is why you can really see the mounting tubes/brackets beneath the rockers, so it's not really how they look on an unlifted truck - feel free to drop by if you want to take a look in person though, despite the lift.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,668 Posts
The only thing sliders would affect (if you do lift first) is possibly changing your static height due to the added weight of the sliders, true rock sliders are pretty heavy.

Since the OME kit is a non-adjustable height setup, I vote for lift first then sliders second. If you were buying an adjustable height coilover then I'd say sliders first (to get the weight on there) then coilovers second so that you only have to dial in the ride height once.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
For a while I was confused about the two. Now I get a kick out of how different yet similar in name they are.
OEM-Original equipment manufacture
OME-Old Man Emu

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bout to get AUSTRALIAN on this frontiea! CRANKY (steve Erwin voice)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts