Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing some OME Dakar Leaf Springs (CS150R part number) in my 2005 Frontier. Will I need extended Brake Lines?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Nope. I have a 2inch block lift in the rear with oem brake lines.

·
Registered
350 Posts
No extended lines needed. I have those leafs combined with a 1/2" shackle lift as well as longer shocks and the factory lines are fine after they are unclipped from the axle.

Reactions: searabbit

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
All you need to do is unclip the locating mounts for the abs wires and brake lines. You will see why when you froop out the rear suspension.
This assumes you are running longer than stock shocks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All you need to do is unclip the locating mounts for the abs wires and brake lines. You will see why when you froop out the rear suspension.
This assumes you are running longer than stock shocks.

Yes I’m going to be running +2” shocks. Without going and looking at the truck - are these on each side or in the center of the truck?

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Each corner.

Front lines can accommodate up to 3". Rear... no more than 2, but the abs wire is shorter than brake line. I just tied wire to brake line, drooped out the rear, then secured brake line where available to prevent stretching

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
Each corner.

Front lines can accommodate up to 3". Rear... no more than 2, but the abs wire is shorter than brake line. I just tied wire to brake line, drooped out the rear, then secured brake line where available to prevent stretching
This is what I did as well. I've got a 2.5" AAL and longer shocks. Drooped out I was just pulling on the brake lines a little. All is good for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts