Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much of a difference there is after installing a grounding kit and which is the better of the kits available. thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
They help grounding which is always a good thing. I did not notice an increase in performance but I did notice that my windows rolled up quicker.

Personally I have the WRP kit which was the only Frontier specific kit on the market (maybe stillen has one but it costs more). If I had a crimper, I would just make my own.

Thats about it on the grounding kits.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
save yourself some money and just make your own.. if you really want it.

it'll give you as much gains as a $1 Nismo sticker .. 0

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
...but I did notice that my windows rolled up quicker...
^ Cool!

I've been too lazy but, I plan(ed) to just get a few feet of grounding strap and solder over the existing ones...

·
Registered
521 Posts
the basic principle behind them is this if your TPS puts out 5v @ WOT and your grounds aren't the best the ECU might only see 4.5v because of the resistance, where as with a better ground (less resistance) the ECU will see less voltage drop 4.9 or 5v etc.

I always run a cable to ground the ecu casing as well (usually just one of the 10mm mounting bolts/nuts). anything over 8gauge is just a waste in my opinion.

Battery, alternator, starter, intake manifold, block and ecu or firewall would be the main things to ground along with any OEM grounding points

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
a grounding kit is a waste of money. If you really feel the need to have one build your own and ground out the points mentioned above. You will not see, feel, notice and difference. Everything that needs to be grounded already is. Adding some wires is just gonna add more clutter to the engine bay.

·
Registered
521 Posts
on a brand new vehicle....a waste it might be but they do not hurt anything. you might get 1-2lb/ft from them due to the sensors and ecu speaking clearer to eachother...kind of like the WOT disable thingy you guys have with the ecu re-programmers

·
Registered
160 Posts
never really made a difference, but i noticed my headlights wer a little brighter i think........

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
besides dubie, i know of at least 18 other cf members (wrp group buy) who think its worth it, lol...

x2, my windows roll up fast! also my volt meter stays up around 14...

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I had an AT kit on my V6 Altima. I did help the windows go up faster and the auto tranny shift smoother. I have the WRP kit on my Frontier and did not notice as much difference as with the Alty. My .02 for what it's worth.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Just clean and grease all your factory grounds. A couple are probably loose and/or rusty.

its probably the ground wire under the airbox that is impossible to get to without removing the whole assembly.

·
Registered
256 Posts
if you want to see a performance 'change', you should look into 'grounding' you're entire truck with heavy guage cable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Suggestion: Checkout my post on the ground wire sticky thread. Spend $5.00 or so, take 10-15 minutes and install the single ground wire as described in my post. I'd really like to get several member's feedback after actually installing this ground wire. And please don't pass judgement until you've actually installed the wire.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts