Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an oem foglight set with stalk for my 2018 SV Frontier and decided to get a quote on installing them, figuring if it was 40-50 bucks I would just go that route. I was told it would be over $200, because they “have to run wiring” and “reprogram the BCM in order for them to work.” Am I getting taken advantage of, or is this a new thing on the 2018’s?

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
You didn't have to make a whole new thread about this. But since you did... I'll repeat the answer here:

Fog lamp wiring should be there (maybe look and see), you need the fog lamp-compatible stalk and the fog lamp assemblies/mounts. That's it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2017 and I installed the fog lights and stalk myself, no need to reprogram and the wiring is already there just taped up in the bumper. Doubt it's changed that much from 2017 to 2018. Should be fine installing yourself.

·
Premium Member
7,481 Posts
That dealer(?) needs to be called out for BS~shenanigans like that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just did them in my 2016, wire was there, changed out stalk and installed the lights with housings in less than an hour.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you pop out the fog hole cover on your bumper and take a look, you WILL see your wiring harness sitting there. You will need to remove fender liners to install the lights to the bumper. And some screws on the steering column cover to swap the stalk. It’s a simple install, and requires no brains or reprogramming. Just 45min and a screwdriver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts